“Never Disappoints” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Intersection of Western Ave. & Wisconsin Ave. on T
Transit: Just above the bus terminal and Fienship Heights Metro (exit towards Military Rd. and Western Ave.)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Never Disappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Anytime I want an Indian food fix and I'm in the Friendship Heights area, there is no doubt where I'm headed!!! I've tried a variety of dishes on the menu and have yet to ever feel slighted. Good food every visit and courteous staff. Always leave contented , just don't try to go there towards the ending of a living social/ groupon deal because they most certainly an't handle the huge crowd.

Visited July 2012

Toronto
“Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went to this restaurant while visiting a friend in Chevy Chase. The food is good but not outstanding. We ordered the Chicken Tikka Makhani, the Chicken Curry Indique and the Chicken Chettinad. They were well flavoured, but certainly does not compare to some of the better Indian food we had elsewhere. The portions are fairly small considering the price. The Nan bread was very good. The service was good.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good but not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I like this restaurant but don't love it or crave it. We ordered take out and they gave our order to someone else - then didn't have enough of certain items to fill our order. They gave us 20 percent off but couldn't replace the lost 45 minutes waiting for a re-do. The portions are a bit skimpy on some of the meat items - but, overall, the flavors are pretty good. Price is a little steep for what you get, but since it's in Chevy Chase, I guess people expect to pay a lot.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“An interesting menu falls short of higher expectations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Monday night on Wisconsin Ave NW in Chevy Chase seems strangely sleepy, so I chose a place that might have something out of the ordinary. The menu lists several Indian "street food" items so I was intrigued. Although it was interesting, and I got to kick back in the bar and watch baseball, I really wasn't too wowed by the food. I've had better at many of the Indian places in Louisiana. The bartender was was attentive, but the food service was slow. On a run the next morning I saw several other Indian places, so you might want shop around if you don't mind a little more of a walk.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“My Groupon at Indique Heights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently got a Groupon for Indique Heights, which I had heard good things about, so I called a friend who I owed some favors to come and share it with me. The tamarind margaritas at happy hour got me started as I waited for her to arrive. When she did, she also ordered a tamarind margarita, which is like one delicious margarita with a tropical twist. For those unfamiliar, tamarind is a pod which a slightly sour juice is made from. Added to the lime in the margarita made a potent and tasty happy hour drink! Then the food arrived. We decided to share dishes, a lamb curry and chicken biryani with a side of tandoori naan. It was also so tasty, and we each had a little more. By the end of the meal, we were quite full and couldn't eat another bite, despite the ample amount of food left. So we requested some boxes and took the rest home for some tasty leftovers the next day. I came back after a fashion show--Indian of course, that they hosted for DC Fashionweek and had a shrimp appetizer, while my friend had the lamb chops. Once again, I was not disappointed and fairly full with the small plate, with a side of naan of course. I would recommend it anytime. The happy hour also offered small plates for $4 which gives the eater choices, and an opportunity to eat cheaply while drinking. My props to Shiva from Nepal, who made both visits both enjoyable and homey.

• Visited August 2012