“An interesting menu falls short of higher expectations.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Indique Heights is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 30 restaurants in Chevy Chase
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Intersection of Western Ave. & Wisconsin Ave. on T
Transit: Just above the bus terminal and Fienship Heights Metro (exit towards Military Rd. and Western Ave.)
Columbia, South Carolina
“An interesting menu falls short of higher expectations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Monday night on Wisconsin Ave NW in Chevy Chase seems strangely sleepy, so I chose a place that might have something out of the ordinary. The menu lists several Indian "street food" items so I was intrigued. Although it was interesting, and I got to kick back in the bar and watch baseball, I really wasn't too wowed by the food. I've had better at many of the Indian places in Louisiana. The bartender was was attentive, but the food service was slow. On a run the next morning I saw several other Indian places, so you might want shop around if you don't mind a little more of a walk.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Washington, DC
“My Groupon at Indique Heights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently got a Groupon for Indique Heights, which I had heard good things about, so I called a friend who I owed some favors to come and share it with me. The tamarind margaritas at happy hour got me started as I waited for her to arrive. When she did, she also ordered a tamarind margarita, which is like one delicious margarita with a tropical twist. For those unfamiliar, tamarind is a pod which a slightly sour juice is made from. Added to the lime in the margarita made a potent and tasty happy hour drink! Then the food arrived. We decided to share dishes, a lamb curry and chicken biryani with a side of tandoori naan. It was also so tasty, and we each had a little more. By the end of the meal, we were quite full and couldn't eat another bite, despite the ample amount of food left. So we requested some boxes and took the rest home for some tasty leftovers the next day. I came back after a fashion show--Indian of course, that they hosted for DC Fashionweek and had a shrimp appetizer, while my friend had the lamb chops. Once again, I was not disappointed and fairly full with the small plate, with a side of naan of course. I would recommend it anytime. The happy hour also offered small plates for $4 which gives the eater choices, and an opportunity to eat cheaply while drinking. My props to Shiva from Nepal, who made both visits both enjoyable and homey.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What, no saag paneer???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went to this restaurant because we love Indian food and we had a groupon. As you enter the restaurant you come into a reception area comfortable chairs and a swing with brightly coloured cushions. Unfortunately the service and the menu didn't match the decor. Firstly, there were hardly any vegetable side dishes and only ONE spinach dish on the menu, a strange combination of sweetcorn and spinach. The server didn't seem to know anything about the menu and so wasn't able to make any suggestions. It wasn't the worse Indian restaurant I had ever been to but not worth the money for the limited choice on offer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
managua
“apart from the soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

An indian restaurant that has been successful for some time, but for us, it seemed a bit toned down and bland except the soups which were delicate and delicious.
It was obvious that many of the customers were regulars, so I think its because we are used to Chicago and London, where the cooking is more authentic who were guilty of expectations which the meal, albeit good quality did not live up to what we expected.
Prices moderate.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Elegant Atmosphere, British Raj Service and Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love the Bombay snacks offered on the appetizer menu. It's a fun way to start of the Indian experience. Every dish I've enjoyed has been authentic and scrumptious.

Visited May 2012