“Great hotel at a reasonable price” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Chevy Chase
Columbus, Ohio
“Great hotel at a reasonable price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is located in a very vibrant area of Chevy Chase. Lots of restaurants, high end shopping, Loehmans and right by a metro station. Staff was great, hotel clean, food good and service terrific. Only negative was that there was no brunch service on Sunday, but plenty of other restaurants in the area to choose from.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was large, comfortable, but the closet horrendous and very poorly designed. There was basically one rack to hang things one behind the other. Parking was $15 , but there was no attendant on weekdends and the lot was only 1/3 full. ANYBODY in the area could have parked for free!. The hotel should not charge for parking on weekends! We could have used another towel rack in the bathroom; certainly there is room for one. We did not have hot water one morning. The front desk people were very apologetic and gave us a fair reimbursement for our inconvenience. The hotel has a nice fitness area. The hotel is in a very lovely area, conventient to the Metro and lot's of restaurants and shopping nearby. The restaurant is very good.. Unfortunately, we asked for a room away from the elevator, but even on a weekday and early arrival, , the staff would not honor our request. As it turns out, we could hear the elevator, but it was very quiet, so it did not present a major problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scranton, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I would have absolutely loved to give this property the complete amount of "circles". Unfortunately, there were some minor details that should not have been something I would encounter. Working for this brand myself in another state, I can easily tell if things are not correct.

We pulled up to the Courtyard, went in to register and I of course was asked for a credit card for incidentals. We were staying here for my boyfriend's interview with Geico which is conveniently located just a few blocks away so the room charge was being direct billed. Upon first arrival the front desk supervisor checked us in and was friendly but seemed disinterested (I am going to attribute this to how busy they were because she was very friendly when we asked her for delivery recommendations and teased about how cold we looked).

Manny and Olgas was fast and FANTASTIC, a recommendation by the front desk and they had the ability to order online so I could verify my order.

The room was SPOTLESS. I am a stickler for clean hotel rooms ( I pull down the sheets and all) and was very impressed. Our room attendants name was Augustina G and she did such a wonderful job on our room, even the back of the TV was dust free. Very impressive.

During the night the AC clicked and was very loud, but these things happen.

Housekeeping did not wait for us to check out though before they knocked and tried to enter the room in the later morning though, which was rather disconcerting but I got a very sincere apology.

Upon check out I noticed that my receipt was not correct. I still had a balance of 211 and some odd change (on check out your balance should be zero and with the Courtyard system is would show what charges were charged to which card/Direct Bill). The clerk, Tiana, informed me that my card had not been authorized or swiped for incidentals on check in, so I was very glad that I stopped at the desk before leaving. After some time she was able to remedy the situation and things were fine.

Our room was located right off the elevator and it was actually incredibly quiet!

Some things that I would like to note about the service in this hotel:
- When I asked about areas that would be good for a young couple to settle down they were more than willing to accommodate by helping me find websites and directing me to areas that were less expensive than Chevy Chase.
- My boyfriend had a day long interview so I spent a lot of time in the lobby (in fact, I am here now) and the lunch waitress came and asked me if I would like a glass of ice water which I thought was very nice since she had noticed I had been in the lobby for a long time and I wasn't even in the lunch area
- The staff was genuinely concerned about the well being of my property and those staying there who are victims of Hurricane Sandy which meant a lot.
- Carlos who was our waiter at breakfast was so very friendly!!

While there is room for some staff improvement (I do not know how long any of the desk clerks have been there) I appreciate their pride in diversity (their name tags show where they are from) and their friendliness when approached. At times though, I wish they would have acknowledged me as the lunch waitress did. I wish I knew her name, unfortunately I was on hold on the phone at the time and failed to pay enough attention.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at the hotel while visiting my daughter at American University. The hotel is convienently located about 3 blocks from the Friendship Heights red line Metro stop, which seemed to be a very safe, upscale area.(Saks 5th Ave, Jimmy Choo, Tiffany's,etc) Although there are not any restaurants in the immediate area of the hotel, there are many within a 5-10 minute walk, along with a Giant Food Mart.

Our room during our first stay was a "handicap" room which I found out on my second stay is slightly larger than a regular room. Both rooms were immaculately clean, there was a flat nice flat screen TV, but changing channels was a little aggrevating because it seemed to get stuck on every change. (a minor complaint, I know). My only complaint was that in my bathroom, there was a small wall that divided the sink counter up into one VERY small counter and the sink almost next to the toilet. It was a little strange. One thing that I did like was there was no annoying knocking in the morning to clean my room. There were two different kinds of pillows on my bed, so I could sorta customize it for my best sleep. Other than that, the free internet was a little slow at times, but was fine. The front desk was always helpful and cheerful. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Chevy Chase Courtyard is a well-located hotel in a high-end shopping district on Wisconsin Avenue. The Washington metro is about at 10 minute walk. There are many nice restaurants in the area. The room was very clean and comfortable with nice bedding and pillows. The bathroom was large and bright with a nice walkin shower. The only negative thing about the smallish room was that it needs better lighting over the dressing mirror. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We ate in the restaurant each morning and two evenings. The food was very good and the service efficient. We will certainly choose this hotel again when visiting Washington.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel is well-maintained and newly renovated. The atmosphere is of the hotel is more modern compared to other hotels and in some ways already has an out-dated look to it because of it's attempt to be ultra modern. Nevertheless, the stay was good. Beds were comfortable and the hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating. The fitness room is far too small and lacks equipment that you would expect from a hotel like this and the area that it is located. I would agree with others that the price is far too expensive for what you get, however there isn't really many options in this immediate area so without comparable competition, there's no need for them to lower the price. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CYCC, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear MidGeorgia,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel and staff. We are happy that you feel our hotel is well maintained and our staff is friendly.

We regret that our fitness room is too small for your liking and wish there was a way that we could change that. However, we hope that our ability to keep our equipment well maintained and up-to-date, will keep you coming back. There are large health clubs within walking distance to the hotel that may better suit your needs. Our front desk staff would be happy to give you that information upon your next visit. We look forward to your return to the hotel.
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Location is great, 5 mins from Friendship Heights Metro Station( Red Line). All of the attractions of Washington DC can be reached within 20 minutes
Many shopping (Bloomingdales) and dining possibilities nearby(we ate Whole Foods and Cheessecake Factory)

Staff was professional

The room was big, clean, and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase? Share your experiences!