I would have absolutely loved to give this property the complete amount of "circles". Unfortunately, there were some minor details that should not have been something I would encounter. Working for this brand myself in another state, I can easily tell if things are not correct.
We pulled up to the Courtyard, went in to register and I of course was asked for a credit card for incidentals. We were staying here for my boyfriend's interview with Geico which is conveniently located just a few blocks away so the room charge was being direct billed. Upon first arrival the front desk supervisor checked us in and was friendly but seemed disinterested (I am going to attribute this to how busy they were because she was very friendly when we asked her for delivery recommendations and teased about how cold we looked).
Manny and Olgas was fast and FANTASTIC, a recommendation by the front desk and they had the ability to order online so I could verify my order.
The room was SPOTLESS. I am a stickler for clean hotel rooms ( I pull down the sheets and all) and was very impressed. Our room attendants name was Augustina G and she did such a wonderful job on our room, even the back of the TV was dust free. Very impressive.
During the night the AC clicked and was very loud, but these things happen.
Housekeeping did not wait for us to check out though before they knocked and tried to enter the room in the later morning though, which was rather disconcerting but I got a very sincere apology.
Upon check out I noticed that my receipt was not correct. I still had a balance of 211 and some odd change (on check out your balance should be zero and with the Courtyard system is would show what charges were charged to which card/Direct Bill). The clerk, Tiana, informed me that my card had not been authorized or swiped for incidentals on check in, so I was very glad that I stopped at the desk before leaving. After some time she was able to remedy the situation and things were fine.
Our room was located right off the elevator and it was actually incredibly quiet!
Some things that I would like to note about the service in this hotel:
- When I asked about areas that would be good for a young couple to settle down they were more than willing to accommodate by helping me find websites and directing me to areas that were less expensive than Chevy Chase.
- My boyfriend had a day long interview so I spent a lot of time in the lobby (in fact, I am here now) and the lunch waitress came and asked me if I would like a glass of ice water which I thought was very nice since she had noticed I had been in the lobby for a long time and I wasn't even in the lunch area
- The staff was genuinely concerned about the well being of my property and those staying there who are victims of Hurricane Sandy which meant a lot.
- Carlos who was our waiter at breakfast was so very friendly!!
While there is room for some staff improvement (I do not know how long any of the desk clerks have been there) I appreciate their pride in diversity (their name tags show where they are from) and their friendliness when approached. At times though, I wish they would have acknowledged me as the lunch waitress did. I wish I knew her name, unfortunately I was on hold on the phone at the time and failed to pay enough attention.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Chevy Chase Hotel Chevy Chase
- Holiday Inn Chevy Chase
- Chevy Chase Holiday Inn