There are two chain hotels right in downtown Chevy Chase - this one and the Embassy Suites (being remodeled right now). Here's the pros and cons as we experienced at this Courtyard:
1. Location can't be beat. Near shopping, restaurants and the Friendship Heights Subway Stop.
2. Hotel has been updated and everything seems new and contemporary.
3. Beds are comfortable and granite vanities are a nice touch in the bathroom.
4. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but it seemed to be hopping in the AM and in the PM - along with the bar.
1. Front desk staff were okay - not overly engaging or informed about the neighborhood.
2. Internet runs extremely slowly in the bedrooms.
3. Airline kiosks in the Lobby were also painfully slow.
4. Parking costs $15/day.
5. Watch-out for bedrooms with bathrooms that have an air vent running down the middle of the sink. This divided the vanity top almost in half, and made maneuvering in the area less than desirable.
6. Bathroom was very cramped (maybe because of the divide).
7. Closet was weird - very tight and couldn't put the clothes in the "normal way". Maybe it was because we had two queen beds in the room.
Would we return to this hotel - probably. Are we going to check-out the refurbished Embassy Suites (with free breakfasts) once they are completed - definitely!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Chevy Chase Hotel Chevy Chase
- Holiday Inn Chevy Chase
- Chevy Chase Holiday Inn