“Noisy, Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lia's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Chevy Chase
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wisconsin Avenue
Transit: Friendship Heights metro (red line) located 1 block away on cross streets Western Avenue and Wisconsin Avenue. Walk one block north on Wisconsin Avenue to Willard and we are at 4435 Willard Avenue in the Ritz-Carlton building. Look for our outdoor patio and red awnings.
Description: Enjoy Chef Geoff's genuine hospitality and casual cuisine with an Italian flair. Lia’s is a neighborhood restaurant in the heart of Chevy Chase. Come for a glass of wine, hand tossed pizzas, fresh pasta, or charcuterie and cheese, and the result will be the same. You'll be back for more. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all night on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff
Chevy Chase, MD
“Noisy, Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good cuisine, too. Quite new, too, Lia's has become an anchor of the Friendship Heights neighborhood. Alas, it's chef is moving on.

Visited September 2012

“Eh, salty food, salty service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

There are several other restaurants in the area and despite all the good reviews i found this place lacking in food quality and service. My pasta was extremely salty, the house wine was tart and tasted like it had turned a bit due to heat. Don't waste your time or money...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Potomac, Maryland
“Wife Birthday for Dinner, Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am a very regular customer of Chef Geoff's restaurant in Tyson's Corner where I have eaten approximately 100 times. The service, food and ambiance at Chef Geoff's in Tyson's Corner is excellent (I guess I should write a review for that restaurant as well).
I took my extended family to Lia's for my wife's birthday dinner on a Sunday evening. First of all, we asked if our party of 10 could eat outside. Answer: "No. We don't put tables together outside." That was from the hostess. There were plenty of tables available outside at the time. So we sit down inside at a long cramped table. Our waitress arrived and had zero personality nor any interest in being there on a Sunday night. There was no bus boy in our section until we asked. This was after a drink spilled and was not cleaned up and our table had all kinds of debris laying around for 40 minutes. To be fair, the atmosphere was nice and the food was above good but not up to the standards of the other Chef Geoff's restaurant. Unfortunately, poor service was the prominent part of the experience. I am confident that Geoff will get this place under control.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Good food, bad management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had dinner at this restaurant in early July. I burned my arm badly on the glass and metal
candle holder on the table. I contacted the manager and told him about it. I said that the metal
conducted heat and that they needed to replace these candles since other people were bound
to get burned as well. It was about 7 weeks since this incident. I never heard back from him.
Last night, I went there again for dinner and the candles were still there on the tables!. I told the now
NEW manager of the incident and she had not heard about it earlier. Our waitress mentioned that she also had gotten burned by the candles. I have a scar on my arm!!! How can a restaurant be so deaf? I could have
sued them but didn't. Someone eventually will!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Good food. Good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Huge menu with great selections. All 5 of us enjoyed our meals. Great service. Quality food. Give it a try.

• Visited August 2012