“Upscale area with good selection of stores” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Statham, GA
9 attraction reviews
“Upscale area with good selection of stores”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Learned about this area from an add in a magazine inside the hotel. Rode the Metro from central DC (had to change trains once-about 20 minute ride) but enjoyed the Metro experience! You exit just steps from shopping mecca! Bloomingdales, TJ Maxx, Lord and Taylor, Nordstrom, Talbots, Filene's Basement. The selection was amazing, the area was clean and felt safe. There is a secret tunnel directly to the Metro inside the Filene's store so I didn't get wet during the rain. The only drawback was that I had to carry back all of my purchases on the train. I was alone and had all day to explore. I was able to get rid of the shopping bug, get away from the museums and stately buildings and men dressed in suits for awhile. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I will return again next visit.

Visited October 2011