“Quiet place for good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille - Chevy Chase is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 32 restaurants in Chevy Chase
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wisconsin
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Quiet place for good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I took a friend here for dinner while they were in town and we had a great meal. Our server was attentive, but she was just a little too bubbly. But, that didn't deter us from having a nice meal. I must say that their spinach salad with warm bacon dressing alone makes returning worth it. The steak was good, but I figured out during this meal that I don't care for peppercorn crusted steak.
And keeping things interesting, we had the Ahi Tuna served as an appitizer. It was great. Next time I'll ask them to slice it prior to serving it as a whole steak. I will certainly return.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came here on Saturday night. We wanted to have a good steak and dress up a bit. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We chose to do the wine tasting event for $25. It supposed to be 9 different 1-2 oz pours but we chose to have the waitress pair the wines with our food so we got 6 larger pours. A prosecco, Chardonnay, three reds and a dessert wine.  It was well worth it I thought. The French onion soup was huge and had lots of cheese on top. Caeser salad was just ok. My husband got the Oscar which essentially had a whole crab cake on the steak wih asparagus on the side. Very good. I got the sliced filet with mushrooms and onions. It was pretty good but a bit over cooked. Next time I'd get the regular filet. Sides were potatoes au gratin and mushrooms. Very good! Had cheesecake for dessert which was light and good as well. Overall an enjoyable experience! If you're driving they validate for the Garage by the Bloomingdales.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, GA
“Good visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Hosted business dinner here. Bar staff was very pleasant. Dinner entrees and service good as well. Definitely will be back.

Lincroft, New Jersey
“Hard to get to but very good food expensive food with outstanding service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Three adults and two children had nice early dinner. menu varied (have children's dishes if you ask); food quality very good, service excellent although you have to sit through what seems a well honed script about the dry cured beef or whatever. I like the men's club feeling. It is a strange place to operate a restaurant of this caliber. The required parking (free valet) and walking exercise works up an appetite!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“GReat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Love this place. Great food and wonderful service. Pricey but worth it.

Visited March 2012