“Relaxing away” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cheverly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Capitol Heights, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I checked in my room cause my furnace broke. Even though i checked into the hotel to get out the cold it seems i just wasted my money to stay in the child. We changed rooms and they both were cold. we had the heat on high and the room never warmed. The breakfast in the morning wasn't really great. Not much of a selection at all. I won't ever be returning.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Marcellus; Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay. The comfort of our guests is our top priority and we sincerely apologize to you for the unpleasant experience you had. Due to the severe cold temperatures we were having issues with the heat and cable, and while we are working on this to have everything 100% operational as quickly as possible, it was unfortunately not fully functioning during your stay. I cannot take back the experience you had, I can only ask that you reconsider a future stay as what you experienced was a isolated incident and not the norm for the hotel.

Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It's not easy to find a good value hotel in Washington DC, so I explored some more budget-friendly options around and discovered this Howard Johnson Inn. I wasn't expecting too much - and I got almost what I expected. No more, no less.

Not too comfortable, not too clean (but not dirty either), not too much of a service, some breakfast included in the rate (continental, and with plastic dishes, spoons and forks).

A good thing to say about this hotel is the free shuttle bus that runs to and from Cheverly metro station.

A bad thing to remember are the multiple butterflies and other insects (no moskitos, though), attracted by the swimming pool (closed in September) and the trees around it. Wouldn't recommend it too warm, wouldn't tell you not to stay there either. If it helps your budget and you want to be less than 30 minutes away from Washington DC, it's a way to achieve it.

Good enough for 2-3 nights.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Thomasbg; Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with me. We always strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction and guest comfort is very important to us. I see we did not exceed your expectations as we had hoped, but met them. I am pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant experience. The outdoor pool is closed permanently it will be safe and comfortable to warm during the Spring and Summer months, but the mosquito due make an appearance then.

Thank you again for your business and feedback for us. We hope you consider a future stay with us.

Lanham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a wonderful time after the snafu with my reservations not being able to be filled. The Manager called the GM and took good care of me.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Dear Tiffany; I appreciate you taking the time to share your review with me. Thank you for the kind words for our staff and manager, I am very pleased to see that we quickly turned the situation around for you and you had a great stay.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel will keep you coming back! rooms are spacious and tidy and staff are extremely friendly. Most importantly, pricing is just right. I had planned to stay there for a week, I ended up spending 3 weeks. The Hotel Manager Here, Mr Todd, is such a great guy who added triple value to my memorable stay. I will surely be back!!

Room Tip: in room wifi is great
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Tripdemsy; Thank you for the very kind remarks and positive feedback for us.

I appreciate your review and pleased to see that you had an enjoyable time with us. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I am delighted to see that Todd stood out to you as delivering on our promise for an exceptional customer experience. I'll share your comments with him.

Please come back and visit us soon.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was dark and not very modern looking. I was also very dissapointed with the state of the bathroom. It appeared to be "clean" but there was rust on the shower fixtures, the bathtub slip pad was tattered, and and there was a heavy layer of dust on the air return. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Jill; I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with me.

We take great pride in our hotel and our guest comfort is very important to us. While I am pleased to see you found the room clean and comfortable, I am disappointed to read the condition of the bathroom was not up to our high brand standards, please accept my apologies for that. I'll bring this to the attention of the housekeeping department to ensure the items you mentioned are taken care of right away. Thank you for your feedback and for your business. We do hope you'll consider a future stay so we can show you a better experience.

e-Commerce Manager

Been to Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!