“HoJo's Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cheverly
USA
“HoJo's Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We stayed there twice in one month, each time for a week. The room was spacious, private, clean, and quiet. We especially enjoyed the shuttle back and forth to the Metro. Also, all the free breakfasts, and some free dinners was a nice touch. Special mention should go to Russhawn (front desk and driver) and Tom (driver). They were particularly friendly and helpful. (Tell Tom 'Edwina' said hello.) We highly recommend this place and it will be our home away from home whenever we are in D.C.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I truly enjoyed my stay at Howard Johnson Cheverly MD. The room was clean, bed very comfortable, great location close to shopping and eating. The manger and staff are amazing. Everyone has a smile and hello when they see you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can't say enough about the friendly and helpful staff. Visiting with family in the city of DC, we chose to stay outside the city to avoid traffic when heading out early next morning.
Checkin was seamless. The room was huge and spotlessly clean. We arrived exhausted from a long drive and anxious because we had urgent legal business to take care of. I went to the business center but was unable to access my email. Gabby at the front desk was very helpful, and although their guest computer system was in the process of being upgraded, she contacted the manager, Todd Peterson, who was about to leave for the day. ( it was way after business hours.). He let me use his office to access and print the documents I needed. It took quite some time and he was so patient and never even made me feel rushed, though he was eager to go home I'm sure. I was stressed out and he just made me feel calm and helped me solve my problems. The kind and cheerful staff, both night shift and next day, were equally helpful. What a great "vibe" at this place. We decided that next visit to DC we will stay here again. Why not save the money on a district hotel and just take the nearby Metro into town? We visit DC often, this is our new default. I wish that everyone in the industry understood the meaning of hospitality as well as they do here.

Stayed December 2014
Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Anitaandray; Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotel a good fit for your travel needs. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service, in a clean, comfortable environment. We are delighted to see that we met that goal and more for you.

We greatly appreciate the wonderful praise and compliments for Gaby and Todd as well as the rest of the staff. It is very nice to see that they were a big part of making your stay so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to DC.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Washington DC Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very clean place too
Stay at. I enjoyed my stay. It made me feel like I was at my own house. I'll definately be back. I would recommend anyone too stay at this hotel when they are around the DC/VA/MD area on a tour or anything. The service is very good and the front desk young girl that checked me in was very polite and patient!

• Stayed December 2014
Dear CCD: Thank you for being our guest.

Our goal is to provide an excellent stay at a great value which is something we take great pride in. We are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. We appreciate the compliments for our staff, hotel and services. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

e-Commerce Manager
Howard Johnson Washington DC North. Cheverly MD.
Saskatoon, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well first of all I usually don't complete these reviews, but I feel a responsibility to report what I experienced because there are serious deficiencies that need to be addressed. The staff was pleasant and professional to deal with that was never an issue. The location of the hotel in Cheverly, MD was very difficult to find even with GPS, both entrances require a person to pull u turns to gain access. The rooms are in desperate need of renovation the room I stayed in smelled moldy. The mattresses are extremely worn out as well as the chairs in the room were stained badly. The bedding that was changed on the second day had a cigarette burn on the main comforter. I felt the quality just wasn't there. I hope this review helps you correct these deficiencies so other people don't have a negative experience. Because in the end this is going to cost you customer's.

Regards
Dan

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Danny; I'd like to personally thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback.

I know it does not take back the experience you had but I hope you can please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you faced. Every process put in place is aimed at providing you with an unforgettable hotel experience. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations, we let you and ourselves down by not providing an exceptional stay. I will share your comments with the appropriate managers to ensure these items are taken care of. Thank you again for your time.

e-Commerce Manager
Howard Johnson Washington DC North, Cheverly MD.
New Bedford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My son and I really enjoyed our stay. We were in town to attend a Congress at the DC Armory. The location of the hotel was convenient as it only took about 15 minutes to get into DC. The price of the rooms was reasonable and parking was free. Breakfast was a benefit to have in the morning. I would definitely stay at this Howard Johnson location again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you Lynn for the very kind review and positive feedback for the Howard Johnson Cheverly. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel a great location for your travel needs. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the DC area.

Howard Johnson Washington DC North / Cheverly MD

Been to Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway? Share your experiences!