I have stayed in many hotels in the DC region, and this is one of the best. It's reasonable, close to DC, and the staff couldn't be nicer. Everyone I spoke with was all about customer service. I'd give a big thumbs up to the early evening front desk person, shuttle driver, and the maintenance guy.
My room was spacious, clean and comfortable.
Generally, whether it's a Howard Johnsons or a Hilton, the "Free Continental Breakfast" is the same. Stale danish, a few pices of fruit, mediocre coffee, and no one to take care of replenishing things. This was the complete opposite. There were scrambled eggs, hot and cold cereal, amazing waffles, and the coffee was really good. And I'm a coffee snob.
The shuttle is fine. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from the Cheverly Metro (Orange Line), and it leaves the hotel on the hour all day. From there, you can get to the Mall, and/or memorials in 20 minutes or so.
I will certainly stay here again, and recommend it highly.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Washington Dc North/Bw Parkway Hotel
- Howard Johnson Washington Dc North/Bw Parkway Hotel Cheverly
- Howard Johnson Cheverly
- Cheverly Howard Johnson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Howard Johnson Inn Washington DC North / BW Parkway hotel, located just off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway near Interstate 95. Our Cheverly hotel near University of Maryland College Park offers the comforts and conveniences you expect at a reliable value. Start your morning with a smile and help yourself to free Rise & Dine continental breakfast with hot items. Take advantage of our free Wi-Fi Internet access, on-site fitness center, business facilities, sunny outdoor pool,in-room refrigerators,24-hour front desk,shuttle service and free large-vehicle parking. Some rooms offer work desks and sofa beds. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult at our pet-friendly hotel.Our Cheverly hotel is only a 20-minute drive from downtown Washington, DC. Make sure to see iconic landmarks like Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument and the White House. Pay respects to those who served the country at Vietnam Memorial and World War II Memorial. Take the family to Six Flags America, or learn something exciting at Smithsonian Institute. Head to FedExField to watch a Washington Redskins football game, RFK Stadium to watch D.C. United play soccer, or Verizon Center for a Wizards basketball game. Join us at Fratelli’s Italian Restaurant on-site at our Cheverly hotel for a tasty meal at your convenience. Head to Franklin’s Restaurant, Brewery & General Store just a mile and a half away for a hearty meal and beers brewed on-site. Try other popular local restaurants like Three Brothers Italian Restaurant, Mexico Lindo Restaurant or Crossroads Caribbean Restaurant.Let our free shuttle service escort you to and from the D.C. Metro Cheverly Station and Prince George's Hospital Center.Our hotel in Cheverly features a lobby business center with copy and fax service. We also offer meeting and banquet facilities for your next event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Washington DC North/BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.