“Great location, decent food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fish Whistle

The Fish Whistle
98 Cannon St, Chestertown, MD 21620-1582 (Formerly Reiley's on the River)
410-778-3566
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great location, decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We wanted to eat on the water and were lucky to get a table outside. Service was pretty slow, but it was crowed just after lunch on a Friday afternoon. The flies outside were a tad annoying, but I'm not sure there is anything management could have done to prevent them. BBQ sandwich was huge. Cuban also very good. We would go again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New jersey
“Great view and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had lunch with 3 couples and enjoyed the view, food and service. Good local seafood and exceptional desserts. Special of $2 bottles of Miller was nice as well. The wait staff were friendly and engaging. Steered us from choices that may not be their best, and we all enjoyed our meals. The view from the dining room of the water made it even better.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chestertown, Maryland
“Waterfront dinning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Clean, bright and roomy with a great view. Wait staff is pleasant and courteous. Food is tasty. Would like to see more menu choices

Visited June 2012
“Fantastic view of the Chester River!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a really nice place to sit and enjoy the view of the Chester River and have lunch or diner.
I have been here 5 times in 3 months; 2 times for lunch with my wife and 1 time for diner, 2 other meals in the bar area. The staff all seem to me to be friendly and helpful. I will say the best meal I had was in the bar area. I really enjoyed the eastern shore club (sorry if thats not exactly what it's named) but it's a fried Soft Shell Crab sandwhich with Bacon, enough said. The beer selection is good and the bartenders are alert and tentative. However; the cream of crab soup is a bit salty and very rich, much to thick for my taste. The fish taco is a "burrito" and it is large also it got rather mushy, I didn't finish it. They could make the same amount of fish as 3 small corn tortillas, and it would be much easier to eat. I did like the fresh fish special I had, but the sides were just ok. The salad I had reminded me of the pre-made steakhouse type. Overall it gave it "average" but I wish they had "Good" rating and not very good. It would be nice to see them "modernize" the menu items and change the portion sizes on some things are very large, also it can be a bit $$$. I'll go back but probably just go to the bar....until they run out of soft shells.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
East Coast USA
“Ain't the beer cold”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great place for a tall cold drink on the deck overlooking the water. Softshell crab sandwich and fish tacos completed the meal. Absolutely will be back!

Visited September 2012