“Good if you are only want a place to sleep...” 1 of 5 stars

Driftwood Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   609 Washington Avenue, Chestertown, MD 21620   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good if you are only want a place to sleep...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Never again!!! I booked this room for my wife, two kids and myself to stay in for a triathlon the next day in Rock Hall, they really were the last resort. Reception service was very discourteous, it was like I was interrupting them to get checked in. I had e-mailed a few weeks earlier for a late checkout and gotten the word that is was no problem but when I checked at the desk to verify again there was an extra charge although I had an E-mail from the manager. He said he was the new manager and that's what the policy was. Told him no thanks and went to the room. There weren't enough towels and had to go ask from the front desk - they ran out and I got one bath towel and two hand towels, plus they were of questionable cleanliness. There was no wifi in the room although it was available if you are closer to the main office. When I inquired about it I was told my computer was broken. Everything that is advertised under the amenities is there, however, just realize that it's not the greatest. If you just need a place to lay your head down and sleep it fits the bill, but don't go in expecting to feel at ease. If the front desk staff had been friendlier it would've helped by lead and bounds but they apparently know all too well about the inadequacies and don't want to do anything about them. I serve in the military and have stayed in my share do questionable places overseas - this place was by far the WORST! Avoid at all costs and save your money and sanity.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place is a dump. We reserved two rooms with two queen beds. They only had one room with one bed. The ceiling had leaked and not been repaired properly. The hot tub was out of order. There was no wi-fi service. The tv remote didn't work. The check-in service was poor. The swimming pool was half full of dirty water. The room was overpriced. The bed was hard. Do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Horrible stay!! At check in one couple who made a reservation over a year ago and they didn't have it. They had ours hut didn't act like they knew what to do. Dirty room!! Called early to get some towels the next morning and got told they were sleeping. Never got a towel. Would like to know who the owners are. Sure would not stay here ever again!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, run! When we pulled into the parking lot, we said it's just one night; however, we did not make it the one night. We checked in as housekeeping was "cleaning" our room and once I saw the mattress, I could not sleep there. We ate the cost of the room and continued our ride home. It was so filthy and disgusting. The owners make money because people book rooms on-line and once someone sees the rooms, they walkway without a refund. Then the owners re-rent the room. As we were leaving, we noticed that there was a family with 2 young children living in one of the rooms. The children were knocking on the door to get back into the room; however, there was a male voice on the other side of the door asking for a password before he would let them in. I have no clue what that was about but I'm assuming that they are running drugs out of the room.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just awful, the dirtiest most run down place i have ever had the misfortune to stay in..just dont do it!! holes in the sheets..every thing smelt dirty and looked dirty..needs some serious diy...either that or bulldozed...swimming pool empty and filthy Read all the other reviews and agreed with them.

Room Tip: only advis would be not to go there
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I were on a 6 week honeymoon driving down the east coast of America. We were on our way to Washington but got delayed and unexpectedly pulled into chestertown Maryland. We pulled into the driftwood inn as it was the only motel that we could see. The second I walked in the door of the room I got a bad vibe. There was a smell of smoke in the room despite it being non smoking, the decor was grimy and dated and the bathroom was just plain disgusting. I'm normally not one for complaining so I decided to suck it up and just get on with it so we ran out the door to do sightseeing. We had a look around chestertown (which is a wonderful place) and came back later on that night. it was only then I noticed the absolute filth of the place. It was crawling with the dirt. The underneath of the beds had not been vacuumed since god knows when. The bed clothes were stained and the warmer blanket was full of holes. The toilet had a layer of crust around the rim.. My god it was revolting. I've stayed in plenty motels and I have never seen anything like this. We tried to go to sleep but I was so restless all night. There was no bolt on the door and I was so uneasy all night. I did not sleep much. I wish I had just left when I first walked in the door. I'm so annoyed with myself that I stayed. The two of us got up the following morning wrecked tired. Neither of us even had a shower it was so disgusting. (it was that bad). Please don't waste your money!!! (69 +tax) We said it to the manager upon leaving and to be quite honest he didn't care one bit. He got his money. The place should be bulldozed .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed in May 2011 over reunion weekend. II had been in the hotel twice in 2000 when it was called Fox Manor or something similar so I thought I knew what to expect. I think the rate was $118 and this is definately the worst motel I've ever stayed in. The shower was a tiny stall like in a gym, so tiny that I kept rescrubbing when I touched the walls - which appeared grimy and possibly moldy. The bathroom and carpet looked and felt horrible. I made sure not to walk in bare feet anywhere in the room or bathroom. There was a semi-joking discussion with my police officer boyfriend regarding the source of dark red paint smeared on the tiles. The walls in room were cheap woodboard that made the room look very dark. It was just awful and we would drive the two hours home before ever staying there again unless a huge renovation project is completed.

Room Tip: Maybe we just had a bad room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Driftwood Inn? Share your experiences!