“Still The Best Crabcake I've Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Chestertown, Maryland
“Still The Best Crabcake I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

We had a business dinner here and I promised the guy that he would have the best crab cakes of his life. Lemon Leaf delivered. Plenty of crab, light on filler and cooked to perfection. I enjoy their rolls and zucchini bread too. If you're lucky and they have apple bread, try some. It's heaven. Service could have been a little faster and I wish they'd bring back mixed vegetables (I'm not a fan of stewed tomatoes but that's not their fault). All in all, I went home stuffed and happy. If you're going to the other Chestertown restaurants, you're really missing the best.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“A nice meal-and a wonderful crabcake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had a nice dinner with friends here on our firs night in Chestertown. Everyone was pleased with the food and my crab cake was wonderful. Service was good and the staff all very pleasant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Keedysville, Maryland, United States
“A must go restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate a great meal here. We were seated promptly and our server, Margaret Ann, was wonderful. We had the local vineyard wine (Crow Vineyard) and it was excellent. We started with the cream of crab soup. Easy to see why it was award winning,so good. Then we had the rock fish special and the crab imperial dinners. The rock fish was so good and on top of mushrooms, potatoes and asparagus. All this with a light Madeira cream sauce. The crab imperial was also wonderful, so light and tasty. We finished with the Lemon meringue pie. Well, all I can say is it was the best I have ever eaten. The young chef came to the table and was gracious. He certainly knows how to cook. Kudos to a great restaurant, service, food and ambience.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“The Cream of Crab soup is to die for...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My spouse and I were on the bay for our anniversary. On the way home, we spent some time in Chestertown. My wife was doing some clothes shopping and I asked the shop keeper if she could recommend a place to eat. She suggested this place, just a few doors up from where we were. I asked her the nature of the cuisine, and she said, "Everything."

As I entitle this, the cream of crab soup, while busting my diet, was fabulous. I had a sandwich and my wife had a salad. They were both great, the atmosphere was great, the service delightful. And it had a local flare to it that was especially inviting.

When we return to Chestertown, which we will, this will be first on my itinerary.

(By the way, there used to be a bookstore nearby. It's not there any more, but there is a used book store a couple of blocks away!)

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great spot for good, filling lunches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Overall, we had a wonderful lunch at Lemon Leaf Cafe. The atmosphere is nice, and the service was friendly. And you can't leave hungry unless you're taking most of your meal in a doggy bag. Hits with my family included the cream of crab soup (very thick and flavorful), the Houser sandwich (essentially a very stacked grilled ham and cheese), the crabcake salad (good chunks of crab meat with minimal filling), and the salmon wrap (the salmon could have been served on its own). The Maryland vegetable crab soup was one of the few misses -- it lacked much crab and flavor besides the vegetables -- a real disappointment for a small cup at $6.50. The prices are a bit steep for lunch, but you do get a lot of food. The desserts looked fantastic, too, but we didn't have room to sample those.