“Wonderful accomodations; Gracious hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Widow's Walk Inn

Widow's Walk Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chestertown
Widow's Walk Inn
You added Widow's Walk Inn to your Saves list
402 High St., Chestertown, MD 21620   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Wonderful accomodations; Gracious hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I made up my mind to attend the Pirates and Wenches Fantasy Festival in nearby (13 miles away) Rock Hall, MD. Unfortunately, I decided late and could not find a room for a Saturday night close-in Rock Hall. Since I had to pass through Chestertown, MD to get to my destination, I looked at B&B's and hotels there. I decided on the "Widow's Walk Inn" and made reservations by phone. I spoke to Bob, the innkeeper, who said I could check in early on my way to Rock Hall instead of coming back in mid-day at the normal check-in time. This was a big convenience. Upon arrival Bob walked me through the rather large house and pointed out the amenities. I stayed in the Chesapeake Room which is large and tastefully furnished and has an en suite bathroom spacious for a Victorian-era B&B (there are some rooms that have shared facilitties). Returning after a day's worth of festivities, I had a great night's sleep in a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was perfect -- a fresh fruit cup, a variation of french toast, a choice of juice and outstanding coffee. There was no rush to leave and while checking out Bob and his wife Susan spoke about the history of the house and about the attractions in Chestertown. Parking is off-street and the inn is in a quiet neighborhood. The innkeepers are very cordial. I recommend this inn to others and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

I arrived on a summer weekday & was the only guest, which I gathered was quite common during the week. As the innkeepers live in the carriage house, I had the house to myself... and saw (and heard) the innkeepers only at check-in, and then breakfast 15 hours later.

The house is large, tastefully -- even expensively -- furnished with antiques and semi-antiques. Perhaps too much so, as I felt everything had been arranged "just so" and that it would be bad form to move anything. Certainly a family with children would have to be on tiptoe here.

That said, the room and bath were spacious, comfortable and spotless -- and the price was perfect.

Innkeeper Bob had hot coffee going not long after dawn, and made me a breakfast that lacked for nothing.

The main part of the town is just five minutes walk away -- beautiful town -- and dinner at the Blue Heron is not to be missed.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

We stayed two nights in this inn and found our hosts, Bob and Sue, to be extremely gracious and helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. Breakfasts provided were delicious and the coffee was excellent. The public rooms of the inn were comfortable and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxed.

Even better than the ambiance of the old Victorian home was the dining guidance provided by Bob and Sue. Lunch at the Old Mill Bakery was wonderful - generous portions of all menu items - fantastic sandwiches and excellent soups, all made with top-of-the-line ingredients.

Dinner at the Blue Heron was even better - thick tenderloins that cut like butter, excellent fish and immensely wonderful crab and shellfish! A rare find in a major metropolitan area, quite unanticipated in this sleepy little town.

Exploring one day, we found a wonderful place in Chesapeake City (about an hour away) called the Bayard House. We lunched there, outside, on the canal, under an awning. This establishment had a very pleasant staff and the food was well prepared and excellent in all regards.

All told, a wonderful place for a quiet day or two of relaxation.

• Stayed June 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
John Stam House
John Stam House
#4 of 12 in Chestertown
5.0 of 5 stars 15 reviews

Been to Widow's Walk Inn? Share your experiences!