“Bob is a bully” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Widow's Walk Inn

Widow's Walk Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chestertown
Widow's Walk Inn
You added Widow's Walk Inn to your Saves list
402 High St., Chestertown, MD 21620   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Bob is a bully”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Bob is a bully. Bob is the innkeeper and I found his attitute to be abusive. I was shocked the first morning at his disparaging and unfounded imitation of my response to the question what did I want in my coffee. My response was "Cream. Or half and half. Or milk." My response was intended to indicate flexibility. My response was greeted with silence, and then he repeated "What do you want in your coffee?" I thought he was perhaps hard of hearing and didn't want to embarrass him, but said "Did you not hear my answer?" He said " Well, I heard I'll have mah, mah, mah, mah, mah," pulling the corners of his mouth down and wobbling his head as he engaged in his parody of me. He did it when it when we were alone in the kitchen. No witnesses. Typical bullying behavior. At breakfast the next day, I heard one of the guests who had stayed there before tell one of the new guests (both males) if you don't mind the abuse this was a great B&B. Bob also came into my room while my sister and I were out for the day. I know because he folded the towel I had opened up to dry on the rod on the back of the door. When we got back, it was folded in thirds and still wet. He also folded my shirt that I had spread open on top of my suitcase to prevent wrinkling. I know innkeepers the rooms to take out the trash, but I found his handling of my personal items intrusive. I would advise you to take a pass on The Widow's Walk.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My wife and I had another wonderful weekend at the Widows Walk this past weekend. Bob and Susan as usual provided great conversation and advice on the local life of the historic port town.
I think what we love most is the ability to park the car in the hidden parking area of the Inn and then walk to any one of four great restaurants, art galleries, shops and of course the river front.
We've been coming here for four years now and will plan on coming down again soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Had a wonderful weekend in Chestertown. Our stay at Widow's walk was just fantastic, walking distance to great restaurants and shops. Bob and Sue are just charming and great hosts, both of them have great sense of humor and they really make you feel at home. You will not be disappointed if you choose "Widow's walk" when you go to Chestertown or if you make it a rest stop on your way to visiting other places. Book early as the inn gets filled up quickly. :) N.M

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Just returned from a week-end in Chestertown and stayed at the Widow's Walk. While we enjoyed our time in Chestertown and Rock Hall, our stay at this Bed and Breakfast made the difference. It really felt like home away from home. The place is immaculate, inside and outside. The interior design/decor is fabulous, yet cozy and inviting. Our room was impeccable not to mention super comfortable. Breakfast there is a classy affair in a lovely dining room with lovely china, and yes the much mentioned Blueberry French Toasts is quite a highlight. The best part of the place lies in the warmth and super friendly hosts Bob and Sue who use their delightful sense of humor to make their guests' stay a pleasant, fun and memorable one. The location is perfect within walking distance to fine restaurants and shops. We will be back and you should definitely check it out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Widow's Walk Inn in Chestertown, MD, is a wonderful, relaxing B & B with very hospitable hosts.The best part of all was the Saturday morning breakfast of baked Blueberry French Toast which is to die for. You must request it! I am a breakfast lover and this is by far one of the best breakfast dishes I've ever had. Enjoy the beautiful historic inn and the delish breakfasts!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We've been staying with Bob and Sue for the last four years. The Widows Walk is beautiful inside and out with huge, comfortable rooms. I get up early to chat with Bob every morning and catch up on Chestertown news. Breakfast is wonderful and, Bob will kill me, but ask for the' blueberry puffs - incredible.

Room Tip: Cheasapeak is great.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lutherville Timonium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Widow's Walk was not our first choice but will be from now on. A great Victorian house and a wonderful host in Bob. Just ignore his teasing! We looked online at others which were not available midweek in the summer so ended up at Widow's Walk and are so glad. It was in walking distancce of everything but not in the middle of the bustle. The air conditioner was a little undersized for the size of the room, but most people would be fine using the overhead fan. Just turn the temp. lower than you expect. It was 100 degrees when we were there and we were comfortable. Widow's Walk is less pretentious than some but the price is right and Bob makes a great breakfast. Since about an hour and 45 min. from Baltimore, we decided it will be our getaway when we just need to relax.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
John Stam House
John Stam House
#4 of 12 in Chestertown
5.0 of 5 stars 15 reviews

Been to Widow's Walk Inn? Share your experiences!