“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Luisa's Cucina Italiana. Our dishes are prepared with locally grown fresh ingredients from St. Brigid's, Cedar Run, Lovett, and Redman Farms. Seafood, vegetables, poultry or meats... You'll find them to be superb! We offer catering for special occasions and private parties, as well as a semi-private dining area for family gatherings, business lunches, or dinners. Gift certificates available. Reservations recommended.
Chestertown, MD
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Excellent food, daily specials and wonderful menu selections. They are very innovative with the old time favorites, as well as new dishes, fresh seafood when available, along with delicious pasta. Great salads and wine. The wait staff knows everyone and goes out of the way to make your dinner enjoyable. The owners are great people too. Good idea to make reservations, as they are busy almost every night. Great for family, friends and couples, as well as business meetings.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Castle
“Pretty good pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Visiting Chestertown, MD, and avoiding a restaurant chain, I got a takeout pizza at Luisa's. The service was efficient and friendly and the pizza with my selected toppings was very good, including the crust. I will return on future trips to Chestertown.

Visited April 2014
Sudlersville, Maryland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Ribeye special was amazing! It was very fresh and tasteful! They know how to make a rare steak! Service is great. Our waitress Heather was awesome!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Affordable Italian food in an exceptional town...good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Chestertown, MD is an exceptional place. I highly recommend visiting this wonderful Eastern Shore (Maryland) town.

I think once you understand where Chestertown is economically at this time you will appreciate Luisa's all the more. This restaurant consistently provides tasty food at VERY reasonable prices. I understand they will be moving into a new building soon and I imagine things will get even better.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chestertown, Maryland
“A Nice Enough Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've eaten at Luisa's quite a few times, maybe 2 dozen or more. Since the food is reliably acceptable Italian, my pleasure in the experience is directly related to two variables: 1.) where I am seated, and 2.) the service. The last meal I had there was lunch on 3/7/2013. It wasn't real busy, so we got a seat on the raised portion of the floor. At least we didn't feel like we were in everyone's way, which we did on our previous visit.
HINT: Don't let them seat you in the aisle on a busy night - your elbow will get bumped by passers-by throughout your meal. That's what happened on our previous visit over a year ago and is precisely what keeps us from returning on a crowded evening. Chestertown is woefully short of good dining options, so Luisa's is often VERY crowded on weekends - especially if the college is having an event.
Last Friday, our server was friendly - maybe overly so, in fact - but without a regulator. She spent AGES chatting with folks at two other tables - sometimes with someone else's drinks melting in her hands.
It's a small town and I am all for neighborliness, but see that people get drinks and food before you engage in a long confab with someone two tables away. Plus, this excessive chatting led to her not delivering my coffee in the "two minutes" it was promised. By my watch, she talked to another table for a full 9 minutes before even approaching the coffeemaker. Once she started the coffee, it did, indeed, arrive in about 2 or 3 minutes; but by that time, my partner was done. I got one cupful for my $2.
As for everything else, the bread is great, the food was hot and came quickly. The menu has expanded over the years. The staples are good value, although I have found the chef's specials are often overpriced. Pizzas are always fine, as are the sandwiches. That day I especially enjoyed my cream of crab soup - rich and full of lumps, the way it should be. All in all, Luisa's is a decent value... maybe their planned move to a new site will eliminate the bad table issue. If so, I will try eating there in the evening again.

• Visited March 2014