“Good sushi... for Kent Island.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of only two Sushi restaurants on Kent Island.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good sushi... for Kent Island.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Overall really cool place tucked away on Kent Island with a great atmosphere. Sushi is good for the island but otherwise average. Friday nights are 2 for 1 rolls so if you're going to go, go then.

Visited November 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awful Awful Awful Service...but good food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We go to Cade Sado despite the now consistently worse service we have ever had from a restaurant. Food takes ages to be served. Waiters simply disappear and can't be found even if you get up to locate them. Last night we had 7 guests whose dinners appeared at vastly different times -- 3 were served 40 minutes after ordering; 3 were served 45 minutes after ordering; and the final poor guest was served nearly 1 hour after ordering and his order was WRONG!!!

We've had several experiences like the above in the past month.

Why do we go back? Well...for good sushi there is really no alternative on the Eastern Shore. But...since it is taking 90 minutes to get orders and the orders are wrong...I will now go to Annapolis where there are several excellent alternatives. Sado's mistakes are no longer worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Maryland, United States
“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Cafe Sado a handful of times and every time the food is great but the service has to be the worst in the area. I seem to get the same waiter each time and having to deal with the language barrier and lack of urgency is so frustrating! Having to wait 15 min for a missing fork or napkin is nonsense. Maybe I'll sit at the sushi bar next time. The only reason to return is for the food.

Visited May 2013
MD
“Worst service from all staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have never taken the time to write a review, and am the easiest person to please. However, hands down the worst restaurant service we've ever experienced, with no valid excuse such as total language barrier in a developing country. It was worse than that. Had to beg for any attention at all, simple requests like "please put the shrimp roll on a separate plate due to allergy of one of our party" was assured as in "not a problem", but not done. Questions about the menu not answered with any clarity or semblance of knowledge and training. Difficult to decipher many of the Thai dishes because they are not called by name. Waiter could/would not describe. Seafood in red curry with coconut milk was listed as "mixed seafood boulliabaisse", so I would have never recognized it on the "Thai" section of the menu. Two of our party of four ordered Green Curry Chicken. The two dishes arrived over ten minutes apart, with many silly, mumbled excuses from our waiter as to what was going on in the kitchen. One of them was that the second dish was delayed because they had to wash the pan, or "the cook is busy". I agreed to order the "boulliabaisse" if they could leave out the clams. No problem, according to the waiter, but it arrived with a healthy dose of clams. I showed it to him and he shrugged and said the cook was too busy to read the order. Waiter tried to blame everything on the kitchen, even though we had to tackle him to get a glass of water or the glass of wine ordered 15 minutes before. Dirty appetizer sushi plates sat on the table throughout the meal. The satay was listed as accompanied by cucumber salad, the standard Thai way. When it arrived without it, the waiter said they no longer serve the cucumber, but just haven't changed the menu. Never any concern or apology from the waiter. I could go on and on, but think you must get the picture. This was a weeknight, imagine a busy weekend. We drove a distance to get there to spend a very frustrating evening. The food was tasty, the poorly trained, indifferent staff ruined everything. Re-write the menu, get the fusion dishes out of the Thai section and add Thai names, train the staff, and they could have a winner.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, Maryland
“Never Again!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went for dinner and we were so disappointed. The hostess was rude and after our waiter delivered the food we never saw him again. We were the only customers in the entire place! We needed drink refills and napkins but too bad. I finally went out and got the rude hostess and she found our waiter. I asked him for the check and a dessert because I did not know if I would see him again. The sushi is 2 for 1 but when you charge $10 each for California Rolls they had better be 2 for 1. Could you imagine $20 for 2 little Cali Rolls?????? The mango crème brulee was so bad that we each took a bite and refused to eat more. It was frozen in the middle and cold everywhere else. It tasted like mango from a metal can. All I could taste was tin! Now I need to stress how filthy it was in there. Our booth was stained and sticky. The menu was so dirty and covered in food that it was stuck together! The folder for the bill was covered in red sauce and torn. All the condiments were dirty and sticky and our utensils and glasses were covered in the same filth.
It is in a great area and they could have made a fortune off of us but never again. I could not wait to get home to wash my hands.

• Visited June 2013