“Moonlight on the Bay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Moonlight on the Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Chesapeake Beach Resort was my pick for a birthday get away. We arrived around noon and had a great lunch at the adjacent Rod 'n Reel restaurant. The room was comfy with a fridge, Keurig and a deck overlooking the bay. While it was too cold to sit out on the deck, the view over the water was fantastic. I can imagine how jumpin' this place is in the summer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of the resort. We are glad you chose to spend your birthday with us and happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities we offer here at the resort. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I did a complete body massage and facial, It was very soothing and rellaxing
a first time experience for me, I ate at all three restaurants, the food and the service
was very good, The buffet brerakfast was filling, the boardwalk cafe was cold but
the specials made up for it, the grills food was very tasty and there was a Dj who did
play music and had a singing contest

Room Tip: I had a waterview room on the 2nd floor, I could hear the people above me walking but it was not in...
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I live in Northern PG County and was offered a free room. I took advantage of it because I've stayed here several times in the past. If you're lucky enough to get a room with a view of the bay, that's great because it brings peace to your time in the room. I like the food at both restaurants on site and enjoy the game rooms. The down side is when I'm just relaxing in the room, the channel selections are poor. Saturday morning was relegated to the game show network because cartoons and infomercials are not an option for me. Overall, I will come back again.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you can. They have a better view of the bay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am new to the Washington DC area and have been exploring this surrounding areas. I found this hotel that has a spa and casino and was excited. The casino area is small and wasn't interested in the spa once I was able to investigate (Salon/Spa dead give away).

The onsite restaurants are their saving grace. Very good food and service was excellent. Perhaps I will return to Chesapeake Beach someday, but will probably rent a condo. The walls and ceilings are paper this. A vacationing family above and a small party next door. Didn't get much quiet rest.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, on the end and view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fenwick Island, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Some friends and my husband and I went to the recent performance of The NoWhere Men. The event was fun, and we had a nice time. The band was good, and they played at the right levels o people could dance, but still talk at their tables.

The service was adequate, but the room was very crowded so I think there were more people than usual.

The bedrooms was well appointed. It has a mini fridge and. Comfortable beds. We had a balcony room which overlooked the Chesapeake. They could improve their pillows. They were awful. And made being able to get comfortable possible.

We went to the buffet breakfast the next morning. It was amazing. I would recommend anyone staying there to go to the breakfast. Everything was delicious and plentiful.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony room. They overlook the bay. Makes for a nice peaceful scenario hearing the wav...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lexington Park, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My second floor room had no view except back of buildings. The heating system kept cutting off and on making it difficult to hear the TV at times. The continental breakfast was good and so was the overall atmosphere.

Room Tip: No view from my room. Heating system kept cutting off and on
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our king-bed room was spacious and comfortable, and we could see the Bay without having to step out onto the balcony on a cold and wet evening. The dinner at Rod N Reel was excellent, and the continental breakfast was more than we expected. We know we will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!