“Quick Staycation” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clinton, Maryland
“Quick Staycation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I took my children down for the Fourth of July Celebration. The room was clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The resort had activities going on for the holiday, which were enjoyable. There are several food options, but Rod-n-Reel is the better of them. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from a water park. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

As a single traveler, I particularly enjoyed having a comfortable desk for work, ability to sit on the balcony on the bay while working or reading, friendly staff, good food, and great entertainment. Having a small refrigerator in the room was also a plus.

Room Tip: Facing the bay is quiet and peaceful. Rooms facing the entertainment deck might also be preferred fo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We live about an hour away from the hotel, and it's a nice place for a quick weekend getaway. The rooms are clean and nice, and most have views of the bay. I like the water view rooms with a balcony - the balconies have two chairs and if there's a band or deejay playing that night, you can sit outside and enjoy the music.

There's a outdoor bar and patio that serves a limited menu and delicious drinks. I'm a fan of the Orange Crush, which has mandarin vodka, triple sec, fresh orange juice and other stuff.

I've eaten at the main restaurant, the Rod and Reel and the food is pretty good. They have good steamed shrimp and crab cakes (although the size of the crab cake has shrunk in recent years :-(

The front desk staff are always friendly. I've never had an issue with my room that required help.

In nearby North Beach, you can check out the beach area, as well as the ice cream shop, artist co-op store, wine shop (that does wine tastings) and other little shops.

It's a cute area on the Chesapeake Bay.

Room Tip: The water view with the balcony gives you a nice view of the bay and costs less than the water front...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
District Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I visited for a oney night stay, our first time. The staff was nice and friendly. Rooms were clean, nice size and comfortable. We did not visit the spa but plan to do so on our next visit. We will visit again as a couple and with the children.

Temple Hills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I took two grandchildren and greatly enjoyed our stay. The boys loved "free" chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. I loved unlimited "free" coffee, tea, and hot chocolate at the downstairs coffee/breakfast bar. And I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the 2 bottles of water in our room were also free. Icing on the cake was the $3-off coupons for our meals at Smokey Joe's Grill on the hotel premises. There is a fun water park directly across the street of the hotel, and a delightful small beach about 1 mile south of the hotel. So we had tons of fun!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lorin J, Marketing Coordinator at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a kind review of Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa and are glad to hear that you had a great time with your grandchildren. We are pleased that you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer here at the resort, and we look forward to having you as a guest again soon.
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I used a living Social voucher for my stay last week. It was the 2nd time I did so in the past year. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. The 1st time I had a limited view which wasn't great, but expected given the great pricing. This time I had a water view which was much better. My only comment would be that since I arrived so late (8pm), why wasn't I given a room with an even better view since it was unlikey anyone else would be coming - especially on a Monday night? I noticed the room next to me (that had a balcony) was vacant.
The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. The hotel very clean. The continental breakfeast nice AND set up on time (530AM) as that is the time I had to leave the next morning. I will definetely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view and, if available, a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that the staff was pleasant and accommodating, and that you enjoyed the continental breakfast we offer. We do upgrade rooms based on availability so we are sorry to hear that your room was not upgraded to a balcony room. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will stay with us again soon.
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I visited for a one night stay. We found the staff friendly. The room clean and comfortable and the outdoor bar area fun with live music. I will visit again, I think the town is very quaint.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to provide positive feedback. We strive to have excellent staff and service so we are happy to hear that your expectations were met. We look forward to having you visit again.

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!