“Fun, fun fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Huntingtown, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
“Fun, fun fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Although Chesapeake Beach Water Park is small in size, it has a lot to offer. We thoroughly enjoy relaxing in a tube and floating around the "Lazy River"! We find that the teen-aged lifeguards are very attentive and able. Great place for families on a summer afternoon!

Saint John, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“A hit for the under 12”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went on a cloudy Sunday which probably kept others away. The park was nice and cozy so my kids (age 11) were able to roam the park freely and I could see them most of the time. The three of us shared one chair, but they swam all day so it was perfect. The lazy river was the hit for us. Although it took us 20-30 minutes to get a tube to ride on, once we had it we were able to keep it until we were done. Even with the small crowd, tubes were hard to find. The food prices were high, especially for such a small park. The bathrooms were nasty. The staff was kind and helpful with all our needs. We had the perfect day, but I can see how on a hot day it would be too overcrowded. We had a groupon which made the cost very reasonable. This was our first visit and we would go again on a hot cloudy day.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
10 attraction reviews
“Groupon”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Like "verrine", we used a Groupon coupon and took the kids for a last hoorah which was actually blah. Crowed early, no parking, no floaters, no chairs, no room in the pool. The restrooms were unkept as well. We won't be returning.

Baltimore, MD
12 attraction reviews
“Ideal for Kids under age 12 (especially with discount)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had a Groupon and went on an overcast slightly cool Sunday. We arrived around noon. Parking is very limited. It is a small park. Go earlier in the day if you want several chairs together or a floater ring. Despite feeling crowded, there was a minimal line for the 2 large slides. The pool area was clean and the lifeguards were attentive. The bathrooms, well, the Y has nicer ones. It also seems that a place like this should have at least one family changing room. The food was of limited variety & expensive, but tasty. We will definitely return next year with a Groupon. I wouldn't pay the full $18.

District Heights
5 attraction reviews
“Probably won't return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was my first visit to this water park. I read the reviews prior to going but decided to see for myself. We arrived around noon and the park was extremely crowded. There weren't any chairs so after walking around for about 15 min a nice lady gave me 1 of her chairs. There were too many people in the lazy river and most didn't have tubes. There were not enough tubes for everybody. People started to keep the tubes once they exited the water due to the fact that they probably wouldn't get another. The so called carpet is gross and the bathrooms are nasty. As I walked up the stairs to the slides I noticed at least 10 tubes that needed to be inflated and should have due to the amount of patrons that were in the park. I think they are a little expensive and they only have 2 slides for adults. My experience wasn't good at all. My kids enjoyed but I think I will travel to VA the next time.