“too crowded and too expensive” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Water Parks
Attraction Details
Kensington, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
“too crowded and too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We too used a groupon. We made the mistake of going on a Sunday afternoon. To say it was crowded is an understatement. If you have seen the new diary of a whimpy kid it looked a lot like the pool at the beginning of the movie. There were no chairs and people brought their own and lined them up such that it was hard to move around. There were over 150 people in the lazy river and about 50 floats. Many would take them back to their seats and hoard them. You cannot bring in food and a hot dog (alone nothing with it) will cost you, no joke, $7. They ran out of their overpriced pizza,French fries and bottled water. My kids, 11 and 8, were ready to leave after a short time. Maybe it would have been different on a Wednesday afternoon. We will never know because we don 't plan on going back. When we were leaving I stopped by their store to get my kids these really neat squirt guns they sell there. It was 6:00, they close at seven, the clerk said they were doing inventory and couldn't sell anything. NEVER AGAIN

Visited August 2012

Millersville, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Fun but needs some improvements/updated/CLEANING!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a good park and we usually go every summer, but I feel like I need a Lysol bath after leaving. The pools are fairly clean, so I guess that's the most important part (along with VERY attentive lifeguards), but the carpets that cover the walkways are GROSS and need to be replaced. The bathrooms are disgusting. There is no way I would let my kiddo's feet touch the ground.

Hate the fact that you have to buy food onsite--- NO EXCEPTIONS. It's overpriced and overall very unhealthy.

Yes, it's crowded, and I'm actually OK with this. And true, you may not get a chair and I'm OK with that, too. I just wish they could funnel some of the profits from the food into de-yukking the facilities.

Visited August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“Fun Family Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Groupon had a deal for 1/2 price tickets so we decided to go. I have a 16 and 11 yr old. I would def say this is more for younger kids. There was only 2 big slides for adults and older kids. The lazy river was my favorite. It does get very crowded so I would advise going early. We arrived at 10am and people were lining up, so if you want a chair, get there early. Also, you are not permitted to bring in any food or drinks. They want you to buy from them. It is way over priced and the food was terrible. When leaving I asked if you were allowed to come back in as long as you have your wristband on and they said yes. My advice would be pack a lunch in a cooler and go to your car and eat.

Visited July 2012
Mechanicsville, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“Good small water park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a clean and well designed park. it is close to the bay and other hotels, never very crowded.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Summer Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I love taking my family to the water park and telling them stories of my youth about the Chesapeake Beach amusement park.

Visited June 2012