“Hit or Miss ...” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Baltimore, Maryland
“Hit or Miss ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

After several samplings we found the baked goods to be hit or miss ... mostly miss. And, for the popularity and price ($25 for a 6-inch round cake), it's quite disappointing to say the least. Ordering and picking up is easily accomplished and the bakery is clean and welcoming ... a display case offers a variety of ready-to-buy pastries, cakes and treats. The brownies are good, not great, (try the pecan if available!), the cake flavors are mouthwatering but come up short in taste and the elcairs are simply awful with the filling having no flavor whatsoever. Can't speak on the pies but they are baked fresh and need to be ordered at least a week in advance same as cakes. Decorations and details on cakes are beautiful, the problem is with the texture and taste of the baked goods at any given time. Our favorite? A very moist Apple Spice cake slice taken from the display case on a whim. We instantly wished we could have replaced the Raspberry Amaretto cake we bought with those delicous slices. Overall opinion? Unfortunately, a product of an overrated bakery in an area with little to no competition.

• Visited March 2012
6 Thank Lifeis1bigadventure

Sterling, Virginia
“Buttercream frosting? No, just BUTTER.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stopped by for a birthday cake for my mom in Jan and was pleasantly surprised by the lovely personalized decoration and real flowers the young lady behind the counter added. The frosting however, though lovely in appearance and texture, had no flavor at all. It tasted like butter. Maybe butter flavored Crisco. It was awful. The raspberry almond cake was fairly tasty, it was just a shame to pay so much and end up throwing away the icing. The brownie was yummy though.

2 Thank Christine C
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tasty treats - terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I went to Sugarbakers to order a cake for my son's 1st birthday. I waiting in line for over 30 minutes - at one point people who came in after me were helped before I was even acknowldged. I walked out.

We did go back on another occasion and purchsed some slices of cake - it was delicious.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank RGB1016
“The best cake you'll find for a special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

My fiancé and I got a cake from here for our wedding and so many of our guests claimed it was the best they've ever had. I of corse never got a piece on my wedding day and so I appreciated the complimentary 1 year anniversary cake. It's expensive but sooo worth it!!

1 Thank WhineandMine
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“very expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

it was just okay did I mention it was very expensive.

Visited December 2011