“Lackluster visit” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Lackluster visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I used to spend entire summers visiting family in the area when I was younger and we always came to the Double T Diner. My family and I flew into town this past weekend for a wedding and after arriving late from our flight we headed to the Double T for some late night eats. I was disappointed with the food. I ordered the crab balls and macaroni. The crab balls were excellent, but the macaroni left a lot of be desired. It tasted as though it had come from a box, been made in bulk and reheated. It was amazing to me that the crab balls were spot on, but the macaroni was awful. It seemed that each of us (4 diners total) had the same experience. One thing on our plate was delicious and others were not good at all. Our server was very nice and did well looking after us and the restaurant was very clean and well kept, but I think that it just isn't what it used to be.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore
“Good 24/7 Diner Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff was super friendly, the food was pretty good, and they're always open! Just what you need after a long night of drinking. :)

Visited January 2013
Baltimore
“A land mark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have been going to this diner for more years than I care to admit.One of the great things is that the family has expanded to other areas of central Maryland.The menu is huge as are the portions and the dessert oh my.If you are in the area you can not go wrong eating there.

Visited September 2012
“Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This Double TT seemed more happening atmosphere than the other Double TTs I have been to.We stopped in late for dessert. Great selection. Dessert was fine. Service was horrible. It took forever to be acknowledged.How long does it take to cut pie? Waitress spilled coffee all over the place and didn't come back to refill. Why should she---a 15% gratuity automaticlly added to check?

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I go here whenever I take my car in for service at Hyundai. I call ahead and order breakfast to go. It is such a large serving I have breakfast the next day also. Occasionally we go for dinner with my parents and we all order somthing different and share. Food like your grandma cooked.

Visited December 2012