“Out with friends at Candle Light Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #20 of 96 restaurants in Catonsville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Out with friends at Candle Light Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My friends and I met up at The Candle Light Inn. We sat in the Lounge. All of us, except our friend who ordered meatloaf liked our meals. The meatloaf was not cooked all the way through, and even after the meatloaf was put back in the oven, it was still red. This friend decided to take the meal home, microwave it, and give it to her husband. The waiter should have offered my friend something in lieu of the meatloaf.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The service, food, the old ventage look! I really like this place. I was taken here to congratulate me on obtaining a new job this was my first time. I was very impressed.

Visited February 2012
Catonsville, Maryland
“Can't go wrong with Candle Light Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Candle Light Inn is a long time fixture of Catonsville, MD. It looks like an old house, many segregated rooms. The specials are always great. The Filet Mignon is Fabulous. I've never had a bad meal there.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food good, but service ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We went there for our 13th wedding anniversary on a Tiesday night, so it was slow and I expected great service. It was just ok. After ordering our overpriced soup (it was good), we received our food. Halfway through our meal, I overhear another waitress telling her customers about all the entree specials they have. Our waitress didn't even mention these offerings, one of which I would have ordered. I was upset! Then she asks if we want dessert, never offering what the selections were. So at this point I ask exactly what ate the dessert selections since it was clear the other waitress did offer dessert with a menu... Service is of the utmost importance and unfortunately has had a negative impact on the review of this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Needs major remodeling and extermination. Eeewwww!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My mom, sister and I went to dinner at the Candlelight Inn for a girls get together. The food wasn't bad, but the building has long needed a remodeling. But what ended my interest in ever going there again was as I was standing in one of their dank hallways waiting as my mom and sister were in the ladies room, a baby roach was crawling along the woodwork. I killed it with my foot. Of course, where there are baby roaches, there are adults!!! The carpeting needs to be ripped out and the building should be closed, updated & fumigated. Yuck!! Whenever I think of what I ate, I can only think "yuck"! At one time this was a nice restaurant, but not anymore. Too bad the owners have let the place go.

• Visited October 2011