“Cozy” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The service, food, the old ventage look! I really like this place. I was taken here to congratulate me on obtaining a new job this was my first time. I was very impressed.

Visited February 2012

Catonsville, Maryland
“Can't go wrong with Candle Light Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Candle Light Inn is a long time fixture of Catonsville, MD. It looks like an old house, many segregated rooms. The specials are always great. The Filet Mignon is Fabulous. I've never had a bad meal there.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food good, but service ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We went there for our 13th wedding anniversary on a Tiesday night, so it was slow and I expected great service. It was just ok. After ordering our overpriced soup (it was good), we received our food. Halfway through our meal, I overhear another waitress telling her customers about all the entree specials they have. Our waitress didn't even mention these offerings, one of which I would have ordered. I was upset! Then she asks if we want dessert, never offering what the selections were. So at this point I ask exactly what ate the dessert selections since it was clear the other waitress did offer dessert with a menu... Service is of the utmost importance and unfortunately has had a negative impact on the review of this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Needs major remodeling and extermination. Eeewwww!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My mom, sister and I went to dinner at the Candlelight Inn for a girls get together. The food wasn't bad, but the building has long needed a remodeling. But what ended my interest in ever going there again was as I was standing in one of their dank hallways waiting as my mom and sister were in the ladies room, a baby roach was crawling along the woodwork. I killed it with my foot. Of course, where there are baby roaches, there are adults!!! The carpeting needs to be ripped out and the building should be closed, updated & fumigated. Yuck!! Whenever I think of what I ate, I can only think "yuck"! At one time this was a nice restaurant, but not anymore. Too bad the owners have let the place go.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good to great food, early dinner special is a real bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I live close to the Candle Light Inn, and I have always like the old fashioned, nostalgic "Old House" feeling of this restaurant. It reminds me of the upscale places I used to go to occasionally with my family when I was a child.

You can spend a lot of money here if you choose to, but the early dinner special is quite a deal. We really like their seafood appetizer (for 2), simple fresh seafood cooked very well. Also very good has been the french onion soup, short ribs, and truffle meatloaf. It is "traditional" food for the most part, but I think they do a very good job at it.

• Visited September 2012