“Good food but........” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good food but........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011 via mobile

The place serves good indian food. I went back but there were a number of flies in the window inside of the place. That concerned me so I have not been back.

“No Flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We were very disappointed with this restaurant after reading the great reviews. When I think of Indian food I think of it being full of spices and flavor. Unfortunately, at Indian Delight everything was bland. From our appetizers to the main course everything lacked flavor. While nothing was bad...nothing was particularly good either. Also, the service in general was very slow. We will not go back--there's got to be better places to get Indian food.

• Visited April 2011
Pennsylvania
“OK Food, Terrible Service Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Let's start with one of the more positive aspects, the food, 3 stars.
Chicken Vindaloo was good, not great. Made with dark meat which was a bit slimy in parts, but the sauce was fairly good. A bit different, strong tomato based (which I prefer) but creamier, actually tasted like had some buffalo sauce in it. Unusual, intriguing, and pretty good (at least the sauce).
Chicken Biryani was fair. Again, fair dark meat chicken, with much larger chunks than Biryani has a right to have. Not a fan.
Naan was actually quite good, fresh and light. Papads were standard fare, would have been nice if served free at the table rather than ordered, and with only 1 sauce provided (free ones usually come with 3). So overall decent food, 3.4 stars.
Where the place fell flat on its face was the service. Although seated immediately (only 6 tables filled), and the food coming promptly, trying to get the waiter's attention was impossible (1 waiter plus manager/owner?). Our drinks (including water) ran out 3 minutes into the meal, and no matter how much I tried to flag or softly call the waiter(s), they did everything but leave the restaurant to avoid us. I finally had to raise my voice for attention, and even though everyone else in the place looked around at me, it still took the waiter several minutes to come over and another several to refill the drinks (cleaning the empty tables and tidying up the buffet seemed more urgent). He even seemed upset that I wanted a refill on my coke ("do you really want another"). By the times the drinks arrived, our meal was over. We actually wanted dessert. However, after I flagged the waiter down that we were done with our meals, it again took about 10 minutes to get some attention. So we just asked for the bill.
And to add insult to injury, the bill comes listed as over $70 for the 2 of us. We had no appetizers, no soup, no desserts, and only soft drinks, so seemed a bit excessive. I grabbed a menu to check, and calculated about $30. The manager was given back the bill, and came over and apologized that he had mixed us up with another table. Fitting end to the night's service.
Thus food: 3.4 stars; service 1 star. Rounds off to about 2.2 stars. If they get the service act together, would be a solid 3 star place. I assume an off night, at least I hope based on the other reviews, so instead of rating it 2 stars as I'm tempted, I'll base the rating mainly on the food (although after the service, I personally will not return). Plus there's much better around Baltimore (e.g. Cafe Spice Towson, Bombay Nights White Marsh).

“Simply put, the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Good Indian food can make your day. As a former Catonsville resident, I knew Indian Delight was delicious. Was it naive of me to think other Indian Food establishments should be the same? YUP. Ive had good indian food all over the country, and to this day, Indian Delight of Catonsville tops them all. Great Atmosphere, Great prices, Decent Service, and oh yes, Incredible Food. I highly suggest this to anyone.

Baltimore, MD, USA
“Wow. Fully redeemed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

So, I went to this restaurant a few years ago...and it was quite mediocre. My wife and I decided, as we were in the neighborhood and felt like some Indian food, to give these guys another shot.

I am so glad I did. I don't know what they've done here, but this place was RIDICULOUSLY excellent this time. I ordered the boti kabab, and was greeted by the MOST DELICIOUS and most tender lamb I have ever tasted IN MY LIFETIME of over 25 years of eating, and preparing Indian food. I actually never knew, or expected, that lamb could be this great. The assorted appetizers I ordered were mediocre---about what I remembered...but the breads and main entrees we ordered were just absolutely without comparison. Especially considering the extremely modest price compared to other Indian restaurants in the Baltimore metro area, I am converted and will be solely eating here from now on.

Really, wow. Words cannot describe how succulent today's dinner entrees were from this place. Again, not a big fan of their very mediocre appetizers and soups, but the breads and entrees were VASTLY improved over what I remembered. I recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food