“Where Everybody Knows Your Name” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
baltimore, md
“Where Everybody Knows Your Name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We go to Jennings at least once every two weeks. The food is consistant and like home. The oyster stew, when in season, is Always a great starter. They have a variety from surf to turf. Check the specials board for daily updates.

The people are friendly and the service is good. A very good local bar/resturant. We always sit at the bar. The beer is always cold!

Jennings is good for families or a quick in and out.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I return frequently to Jennings. We have never had a bad item. It is our go-to restaurant as we are tired of cookie-cutter chains. I love the atmosphere and the local flavor. The fried chicken and house salad are the best.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Its our once or twice a week fave!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We are there quite a bit. Sue, Cindy, Peg are great on the wait staff. Teddy in the kitchen is always a treat. Its a fun reliable tasty place. You aren't paying a million bucks to eat so don't expect it. It is what it is. However compare to those around it. Its worth so much more. The are very consistent so if something isn't to your liking, just tell them. They used to have real or crinkle fries and they were the best anywhere. Now thin ones. still good. But everything else is superb. We have lived all over the country and we always come back to Jennings. Now that we live here we are here several times a week. They do need a few more draft beers and a few appetizer updates.

• Visited December 2011
Austin, Texas
“Horse racing and town history and the same shrimp salad of my youth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

So, I have to admit that nostalgia is part of what brings me back, but every time I bite into the shrimp salad sandwich, I am so glad I have returned. I grew up sitting on a bar stool downing shirley temples next to my grandfather, whose picture in front of his winning horse still hangs on the wall, so I am NOT an unbiased critique. But if you are in Catonsville and you want to feel the town while you eat and---I recommend a very good shrimp salad sandwich-- you are in the right place.
According to my family, who eats a more varied selection off the menu, the food is good, but not great. My mom likes the chicken livers (an acquired taste, I'll admit). There is a good selection of what regular folk eat in this neck of the woods and the atmosphere is real.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, Maryland
“Great Saturday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Get there as soon as they open. Very popular and fills up fast. Free parking around the back. My wife had a shrimp salad sandwich with large shrimp. I and another individual had rueben sandwiches which are one of my favorites and I frequently try them wherever we go for lunch. I can say that it ranked up there with the best of them. Service was outstanding and definitely one of those places you would go to again. Good menu selections.

• Visited November 2011