“Cockroaches, bugs, Was in room 5 min and they wouldnt refund” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Catonsville
PSU
“Cockroaches, bugs, Was in room 5 min and they wouldnt refund”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was in MD on my honeymoon.. Check in to Comfort Inn at 1030pm. I was starving so I left to eat without checking out my room. When I got back about 40 min later I got in my room and found cockroaches, terrible mattresses stained and had pubic hairs on them, bathroom was filthy and the living room carpet was pulled back that you could see the concrete. I am a director of sales for 3 hotels for 12 years now and this is the worst hotel I have ever seen. I went back to the desk after being in the room for 5 min and told them there was no way I could stay there and that their were bugs and the condition of the hotel was terrible. He told me because I didn't come back 5 minutes within the time I checked in he wouldn't refund my money for the night. THIS IS NOT A RULE, again I WORK as a manager for 3 HOTELS 1 being a COMFORT SUITES. This room was the most unsanitary place Ive ever seen and I will be speaking to the district and corporate managers about this hotel. THIS HOTEL IS MaKING THE CHOICE BRAND LOOK Terrible. and this is a disgrace to the rest of us who work for this company.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KShrestha, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Ashley,
The computer system notes that you checked in at 9:22 pm and was given a refund at 12:28am, 3 hours later because you did not want to stay. However, a full refund was also offered without any knowledge of this review. We like to make sure guests enjoy their stay and we would do everything possible to make it right. I am sorry this course had to be taken I'm available if you would like to speak to me. I can be reached at 410 744 5000 or by email at kenny@bmhg.net

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Stay here everytime I come to catonville. Friendly staff great wifi. They never have me disappointed. If I have a problem they always fix it. Rooms look a lot better, they just renovated the hotel. All in all good place to stay

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much. We are always ready to make it right for our guests. We know we cannot get it right all the time but whenever there is an opportunity we will make sure we do.
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We found the hotel to be very convenient to Baltimore, at a much better price than found further in town. The staff were wonderful, the rooms comfortable and the breakfast very good. There are many shops and restaurants all around so it was a very relaxing and easy stay. A real highlight was the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies that one of the staff made each day---a lovely touch!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KShrestha, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you very much. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and loved our fresh baked cookies. Please come back for more. :)
Eden, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Bad exit with traffic. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW internet. Asked the front desk clerk about the connection and she said you can come in the lobby and watch..... Hello! Why is the lobby a good speed but not the room. The microwave in my room burned my popcorn. I could only get 2 doubles since I was CLC. I am a single person, don't need 2 beds! Waste of space. The rooms are small, counter space in bathroom very small. Cops were here, 2 of them on Friday evening. Don't feel safe here. Noise from hall is extra noticeable inside the room especially when you are a third shift worker.

Room Tip: Middle of hall is better but still noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. I am very sorry that everything was not to your liking. Internet speeds may vary depending upon number of users logged onto an access point at a particular time. With growing demand and multiple devices accessing the network at the same time, we will consider upgrade in services. There are several access points for guests to log onto and front desk only meant to give an immediate solution. I apologize about their response. When staying with us, please ask for me and I will try my best to make sure things are to your liking specially when you are staying for longer periods. We want all guests to have a comfortable stay.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having stayed here frequently, the hotel was tired but they have made a lot of changes. The hotel is renovated and it is quite good. The room has flat screen tvs and I saw them put new bedding in the rooms though mine still had the old bedding. I am still staying in the room and hope they will change my bedding soon. The staff is very nice and they are quite attentive to solve the problems. They have a nice hot breakfast with sausage, eggs and waffle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KShrestha, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for always staying with us. We are glad that you like the new changes and we hope to be of greater service to you.
doug
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

well well well.. finally the thing changed around at comfort inn, which is my frequent stop. This stay was full of surprises. The hotel is completely renovated. I can definitely say that the owner of the hotel did step up forward to makes his guest satisfied stay.

The rooms look so brand new, the bedding is so great and new art work, new furniture and finally Flat screen TV make me feel like my own bed room.

The service was awesome before renovation, but after the renovation one can't get better than this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much. We are glad that you liked the changes. We will be doing more upgrades and hope we can continue to surprise you.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here for location. It is right near 695. easy access to Downtown, Glen Burnie, and Towson. My room was clean and good. Breakfast was normally. it was good experience overall. would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! Hope you will continue to stay with us.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!