“Not So Hot” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Catonsville
Eden, North Carolina
“Not So Hot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Bad exit with traffic. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW internet. Asked the front desk clerk about the connection and she said you can come in the lobby and watch..... Hello! Why is the lobby a good speed but not the room. The microwave in my room burned my popcorn. I could only get 2 doubles since I was CLC. I am a single person, don't need 2 beds! Waste of space. The rooms are small, counter space in bathroom very small. Cops were here, 2 of them on Friday evening. Don't feel safe here. Noise from hall is extra noticeable inside the room especially when you are a third shift worker.

Room Tip: Middle of hall is better but still noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KShrestha, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am very sorry that everything was not to your liking. Internet speeds may vary depending upon number of users logged onto an access point at a particular time. With growing demand and multiple devices accessing the network at the same time, we will consider upgrade in services. There are several access points for guests to log onto and front desk only meant to give an immediate solution. I apologize about their response. When staying with us, please ask for me and I will try my best to make sure things are to your liking specially when you are staying for longer periods. We want all guests to have a comfortable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having stayed here frequently, the hotel was tired but they have made a lot of changes. The hotel is renovated and it is quite good. The room has flat screen tvs and I saw them put new bedding in the rooms though mine still had the old bedding. I am still staying in the room and hope they will change my bedding soon. The staff is very nice and they are quite attentive to solve the problems. They have a nice hot breakfast with sausage, eggs and waffle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KShrestha, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for always staying with us. We are glad that you like the new changes and we hope to be of greater service to you.
doug
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

well well well.. finally the thing changed around at comfort inn, which is my frequent stop. This stay was full of surprises. The hotel is completely renovated. I can definitely say that the owner of the hotel did step up forward to makes his guest satisfied stay.

The rooms look so brand new, the bedding is so great and new art work, new furniture and finally Flat screen TV make me feel like my own bed room.

The service was awesome before renovation, but after the renovation one can't get better than this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much. We are glad that you liked the changes. We will be doing more upgrades and hope we can continue to surprise you.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here for location. It is right near 695. easy access to Downtown, Glen Burnie, and Towson. My room was clean and good. Breakfast was normally. it was good experience overall. would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! Hope you will continue to stay with us.
Catonsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am at this hotel a lot and it is the BEST!! The owner just remodeled the whole hotel and upgraded a lot. This hotel is ALWAYS clean and well stocked. The staff are very friendly, especially the front deks lady Miss Pam. She checks me in with a great smile and attitude.
I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!! There is even a great SUBWAY close by!

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from elevators and entrance doors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you staying with us and leaving a positive feedback. We hope to continue be of great value to you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Since 2005 I've stayed at this hotel about 20 times and have never had a bad experience. It's not brand new or luxurious, but it is reasonably priced, the management is friendly and helpful, and it's located in a safe area less than 15 minutes from downtown Baltimore. There's also an excellent complimentary breakfast with waffles, eggs, and sausage. If the hotel management reads this, you need a better selection of donuts... my only complaint.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your positive response. Thanks for staying with us. I don't know if you had the opportunity to stay in our newly renovated rooms but during the period of your stay we were doing renovations. We will consider your suggestion about the donuts. Hope you will join us soon.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

It was my third and final week staying in a hotel while waiting for my apartment to be ready for move in. I had stayed in two Choice Privileges hotels prior to this last stay thanks to family I have that work for another chain. The condition and overall atmosphere of this place was disgusting. My first night, checking in, I had to check in at a bullet proof glass window. I had to use my key just to enter the hallway to get to my room and when I got into that hallway I wanted to puke. The smell was overwhelming and the hallways were dark and dingy. I got to my room, opened the door, and the smell was even worst inside! By the second day of staying there I got a terrible headache from the smell. The entire place made me feel dirty and disgusting and I wanted so badly to check out but had nowhere else to go for the week. The other guests staying (living?) in the hotel were questionable to say the least. I won't be coming back to this hotel and hopefully this review will help others steer clear,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
KShrestha, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I am very sorry to hear about this incident and apologize that you had to deal it for a longer period of time since it appears you did stay for a week. Thank you for bringing it to our attention because it helps us to learn what our guests look for when choosing to stay with us. We wish we had the opportunity to make it right for you during your stay. Our front desk team are committed to your satisfaction if such matters are brought to our attention. For the safety of our guests, access into the property does require a valid key card and the night window is used as a deterent rather than it signifying a bad neighborhood. Safety of our guests is never taken for granted. All other issues you mention, we regret that we never got the opportunity toaddress it. As for the questionable guests, we do not make judgements of people who check in but when there is evidence of wrongful behavior by such guests, we seriously take measures to evict them from the property. We wish our guests have a plesant stay and I'm sorry that we did not live up to your expectations so I would like to make it right for you should you choose to stay with us again. Please feel free to call me or email me at kenny@bmhg.net.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!