Considering that my husband and I are military, we travel to a lot of different places when he has leave. Most are brand new areas where we know nobody and are just trying to explore a new place. This time we picked Baltimore. We initially pulled into a Days Inn down the street from this hotel but they were closed for renovations due to fire damage. So we were left with this place or a dumpy looking Ramada Inn down the street. The outside of this looked nice, so we chose this hotel. BIG mistake. The front desk person seemed nice enough when we checked in, and he was quick to get us a room. $92 a night, which didn't seem too bad for a descent looking hotel. We've certainly paid more. We got checked in at about 11:30pm, dropped our suitcase in our room and went back out to explore. That was a mistake. By the time we got back I was so tired and stressed (it began snowing, hard, and we had my brand new Mustang who's tires were NOT meant for snow) that all I wanted was a descent night of sleep. Only then did we realize that the beds were NOT queen sized like the desk man said, they were barely a full size. We thought we could deal with it for a night, as we had no intention of staying a second night in the city. I pulled back the comforter, sheets, and mattress pad to check for bed bugs or any sign of them (standard in any hotel I check into). Fortunately I found no signs of them. Huge relief. We climbed into a very cramped bed, and tried to go to sleep. We had to set the alarms on our phones to wake up in time for checkout as it was now almost 3am, and the clock in the room didn't work. The heat didn't work very well at all so I was cold and couldn't sleep well. I tossed and turned for about 4 hours before I decided to get up to use the rest room. I clicked on the light and immediately noticed that the cord to the hair dryer, right next to the light switch, was broken. No big deal, I had my own dryer with me. I sat down and saw that the white mini-towel on the floor, meant to be a floormat I guess, had a cockroach crawling on it. I freaked. Then every movement around me became incredibly noticable. I saw two more crawling around on the towels and one on the wall, not even trying to scurry away. I got out of the bathroom and went to the bed to wake my husband. I told him what I had just found and he asked if I wanted to check out. That should have been a no brainer. I was shaking I was so freaked out. I grabbed all of our belongings, emptiedmy suitcase to check the inside and shake it out, shook out each piece of clothing to make sure nothing had climbed in there, and left in a hurry. I went to the car to scrape the ice while my husband checked out, I had to get out of that building. The person behind the desk asked how our stay was (all 8 hours of it), and my husband said it was awful. He asked why and my husband told him what had happend. He said that was unfortunate, and my husband asked for a refund. He said that he wasn't able to do that. BIG surprise. We called corporate yesterday, and we were told it would have to be sent to the location for the manager to try to resolve. We haven't heard back yet, and dont plan to. We'll never stay at another Comfort Inn again. This place was awful, the halls smelled like cigarette smoke, it wasn't clean, and then cockroaches?! NOT a good place to stay.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for your husband's service in the military and taking the time to tell your story. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. I certainly agree that your unsatisfactory experiences do not represent the level of service we stride to provide. The very idea of the us asking how our guests stay was, is to ensure that they enjoyed their stay and we do something about it. We are committed to it. Unfortunately we didn't follow through with our committment, however; I'm happy that there was a resolution to your inconvenience. I hope you will join us again in future.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.