“Not Clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Catonsville
Paramus, New Jersey
“Not Clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Staff was nice, but after that, it was all downhill. The carpet in the hallway was dirty. The carpet in the room was dirty and the bedspread was stained with God knows what. I was afraid to take my shoes off in the room. This hotel desperately needs an update. Cannot recommend it in its current state.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
KShrestha, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2011
I am very glad you appreciated our service. We are truely sorry for not being able to live up to your expectations. We take reviews such as these seriously and continuosly work on make it better for our guests. We hope we can make it better for your the next time you decide to stay with us. Always feel free to bring your concers to the front desk for a resolution or ask to see me if resolution is not satisfactory.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

I have stayed at this motel several times, nothing grand about it but offers a plesant stay. The rooms are clean and the staff are very accomodating. I have stayed at other motels in the area but this one is better in terms of cleanliness and service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cresaptown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

While staying for 3 nights at this hotel, I was initially very pleased. Everyone was nice and the hotel appeared clean. I am not a traveler and rarely go anywhere so I was very pleased with my agencies choice of hotels. However, a few days after I returned home, I had several bites on both arms. Long story short they were bed bug bites. I was not at all judgmental of the hotel but called to inform them and was very disappointed when they insinuated that there were no bed bugs before I stayed but were there when I left. We all know that the room was not "thoroughly" inspected for bed bugs before I checked in. It was an emotional enough and I had tremendous concern as to whether or not I brought them home with me. Luckily it does not appear that I brought any bed bugs home with me. It wouldn't have hurt for them to own up to the situation..i could have handled it better that way.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
cmft, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
This was a misunderstanding. While the incident of finding bed bugs in the room was true, I had a professional conversation about how bed bugs in hotels beds are becoming a problem and how these pests transport themselves. Fortunately we don't have an alarming bed bug problem. While bed bugs were found in the room, also confirmed by our pest control person, the room was not infested. By saying so I didn't mean to say that the particular guest brought in the uninvited pests but they got in there somehow, we don't know. This was later clarified with the guest through couple phone calls and email. I regret having led guest to believe that she brought in the bugs and I'm very happy we were able to resolve the unfortunate incident professionally and amicably. We will do everything to make sure guests are satisfied with their stay.
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

This hotel has zero curb appeal to begin with and reception apparently has never been through customer service training. The hallways reek of mildew and the carpet is dull and stained throughout. There isn't any pride of ownership here; the walls and ceiling are visibly soiled and dingy. The bedspread and tub was stained/dirty and when I went to complain to the "staff" she told me that I should have let her know sooner than 2 hours after check in (we just dropped off luggage and went for dinner). She never apologized for the inconvenience. When housekeeping arrived he didn't identify himself as such and when I pointed out the stains and dirt he tried to talk me out of it. Although the tub was cleaner than when they arrived once it was cleaned properly. The new bedding they put on the bed was equally as stained as the first set and also had cigarette burns.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
cmft, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Sorry about your unplesant stay but new management is deligently working to satisfy guest inconvenieces and dissatisfaction.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

On a recent trip to the Baltimore area I was able to book a very fair rate at this Comfort Inn. Located right off the expressway, it is a short ride to the Inner Harbor area and Pimlico Racetrack. The hotel is showing signs of age, however, the room was clean and comfortable and more than OK for the nite. The front desk staff was helpful w/ directions and recomendations for the area. Plenty of parking available when returning at nite. Overall, it is your average comfort Inn, nothing special but it suits your needs for a basic room for the night.

• Liked — Clean room at a fair price
  • Disliked — Surrounding Area may be Questionable at night
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cmft, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Thank you for your business, glad that you enjoyed staying here. Hope you'll come again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

Nice little hotel that is safe and clean inside the rooms. The rug on the top floor hallway needs to be replaced but it seems they are redoing the entire hotel.

The free breakfast is pretty good and the wireless is free.

A good value for the buck here at Comfort Inn. Great location for Tabu club.

• Liked — Location to Tabu
  • Disliked — Third floor rug really needed replacement
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

I just got back from a four day vacation in Baltimore. I chose this location because of the price and convenience to attractions. For 80 dollars a night, it could not be beat, especially considering you also get free breakfast every day. While bagels, waffles, and muffins might not be the most exciting foods, they did the trick and saved us the money of eating out. Being right near the expressway was very convenient as we were able to get to the Inner Harbor and Annapolis very easily. While the neighborhood just east of here was a bit scary, I felt very safe at the Hotel. The room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable.

The front staff were very helpful and were able to recommend local places to eat that weren't "touristy". Having Internet access in the room was very nice and when they had a problem it was resolved very quickly.

As for someones note about having to go outside to get into the lobby, that is not true. From the second floor (the main floor actually), you can go right in through a door.

• Liked — Convenience to area attractions
  • Disliked — Location may be a bit iffy for some...
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!