“Great food... Superb environment” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mellor
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Great food... Superb environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We just went for brunch over the weekend... First time in Catonsville, a nice cozy place to visit..

The REGIONS restaurant was a very good experience... the six of us had different dishes and all were perfect. Even small requests -we asked no cheese for my friend's food-... were delivered with a smile! Great service!

Tomato Crab Bisque... Ummm Yummi! highly recommended
BYOB - WOW! we had plenty of mimosas!!!

For desert: We made the comment on how much I love to have Fried-Banana... They don't have it in their menu but suddenly, We had a delicious fried-banana as a courtesy!!!

We are returning as soon as weather gets a bit warmer :-)

• Visited March 2013

76% Recommend
Elkridge, Maryland
“Nice Meal, Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have eaten at Regions sister restaurant, The Catonsville Gourmet, a number of times but this was our first visit to Regions. The food was good and the portions reasonable. I would highly recommend the Tomato Crab Bisque as a starter! Regions has both tapas-style plates and big plates so there should be something for every taste.
Regions is BYOB but will happily un-cork your wine and provide the appropriate glasses for a small fee.
They serve brunch on Sunday but otherwise are open in the evening.
The only negative about Regions is the noise level. The walls and floors are hard surfaces and the high ceiling shows exposed beams (a trend we have noticed in restaurants these days). With nothing to muffle the sound it can get very loud.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant was great! The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. We shared quite a few different dishes. BYOB! We were very pleased with everything! Even made the reservation on line and had a response within minutes. We will definitely be going back. Quaint area to walk around as well.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I wish it had been better, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

After being shut out at Region's big sister Catonsville Gourmet for our annual holiday season dinner with family and high school friends, we ended up at Regions on a Saturday night. As long-time Catonsville residents we were excited to show off the Ville's fine dining spots. Because Catonsville Gourmet does not take reservations, we ended up at Regions. My wife and I had dined there once before and had an okay experience. This time was no better, and actually pretty disappointing. My salad had a funky taste - maybe the blue cheese? And I am a huge blue cheese fan. And I have a hard time referring to the inedible bowl of watery rice as Risotto, though that's what the menu called it. At least the three smallish seared scallops were decent. Our wonderful waitress was very apologetic, and did not charge us for the dish. The rest of the party faired much better, thankfully. But despite living a few blocks from Regions, it's highly unlikely I'll try it again. Sorry guys. I wish it was better. But it's not. And I do hope that Catonsville Gourmet will start accepting reservations - at least for big parties. A bad policy that cost them out business that night.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“Charming and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've dined here 2-3 times, most recently for my wife's birthday. The atmosphere is classy but relaxed, very inviting. Knowing it was byob (with a $5 corking fee), we brought in my wife's favorite bottle of wine and a specialty beer for me. The grilled Caesar salad (and warm breadbasket) was a good start, and then our entrees, a panko bleu cheese crusted steak and a sauteed seafood with mozzarella ravioli dish were great. After tip and counting the $ we spent on alcohol, it was a meal that left nothing desired for around $100. Not cheap, but worth the experience for our special occasion.

We will definitely go back.

Oh also, I was pleasantly surprised that they took our reservation for just 2 on a Saturday night. I assumed that they wouldn't but called ahead around 6:30 in case they could do the "call ahead seating" thing, but was offered a reservation for 7:45. The timing was perfect. Of course that depends on the night...

• Visited December 2012