“Charming and tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Mellor
Baltimore
“Charming and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've dined here 2-3 times, most recently for my wife's birthday. The atmosphere is classy but relaxed, very inviting. Knowing it was byob (with a $5 corking fee), we brought in my wife's favorite bottle of wine and a specialty beer for me. The grilled Caesar salad (and warm breadbasket) was a good start, and then our entrees, a panko bleu cheese crusted steak and a sauteed seafood with mozzarella ravioli dish were great. After tip and counting the $ we spent on alcohol, it was a meal that left nothing desired for around $100. Not cheap, but worth the experience for our special occasion.

We will definitely go back.

Oh also, I was pleasantly surprised that they took our reservation for just 2 on a Saturday night. I assumed that they wouldn't but called ahead around 6:30 in case they could do the "call ahead seating" thing, but was offered a reservation for 7:45. The timing was perfect. Of course that depends on the night...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore
“Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Love bringing our our bottle of wine. Great atmosphere, and have NEVER, EVER had a meal that wasn't either VERY GOOD, or EXCELLENT. Servers are attentive, and prices are great for what you get. Fresh, fresh, fresh, Great restaurant.

Visited November 2012
Ashton,MD
“Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hadn't been in Catonsville for many years and to find a restaurant like Regions was unexpected. Our group of 12 on a Saturday night was handled very efficiently and graciously. Nice bread baskets - enjoyed the cornbread. Lobster bisque was very nice. My sandwich - the Crisfield Club - was good, but could have used some kick. Had a taste of a salmon sandwich - further proof that bacon helps everything - that was outstanding. A few desserts were ordered and all were very satisfying. The BYOB idea is brilliant. Everyone came away very pleased and ready to return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Cooking with Twists”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I love this place, and not just because it's BYOB. I love the Tapas menu, and the appetizers, and the SALADS! I don't think I've said that the salads are great at a place before, but at Regions it's like a five star chef married your grandmother and all they do is cook up the best home-style food with pizazz, and serve it to you with a smile.
I also love the fact it's in Catonsville, one of the great small towns in Maryland, which offers charm and decent parking compared to going into the City.

Visited October 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
“What a gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We've lived in Howard Co. for 20 yrs. but seldom ventured up Frederick Rd. into Catonsville. Did so recently and discovered this wonderful restaurant! Cool, modern atmosphere. Small, intimate. They have short water glasses and the waiters bring these cool bottles to fill them up. Our waiter really knew his menu as I was asking lots of questions (too much TopChef, poor guy...). The bread basket was very yummy--cornbread and then a yeast roll that tasted absolutely delicious. We never order appetizers, but after we saw the 3 dips that came with the fresh cut fries, we couldn't resist. Mustard Aioli – Asiago Cheese Sauce – Horseradish Aioli. They were wonderful! Hubby got Crispy Panko Chicken and I got the Margarita Salmon which was on special. We were both very pleased with our dishes. We both took home doggy bags. Hubby obsessed with his and ate it later that night. I warmed mine up for lunch the following day and it was still wonderful. I love dessert and their menu looked great, but alas, no room due to the appetizer & bread :-( Next time!!!!!!

• Visited September 2012