“Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 95 Restaurants in Catonsville
Cuisines: American, Greek, Mediterranean, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Gluten Free, Vegetarian Menus, Large well lit parking lots, Handicap accessible
Catonsville, Maryland
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had never been to Dimitri's despite living in the area my entire life- my husband took me on a Tuesday evening- it was wonderful- what a nice surprise - I loved the decor and our waitress could not have been nicer. Food was a nice surprise as well. We will definitely be returning.

Visited December 2011

MD
“Best Mussels in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We often stop in at Happy Hour to have domestic beer for $2.50 and a generous plate of mussels. Ask for some bread because the broth is so good ya gotta mop it up. It's cozy and friendly in the bar. We don't eat in the dining room so can't comment on the dinners. It's our place for beer and mussels after we go on a 3 mile walk along the river.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We used to go to Dimitri's every Friday night for Greek Salad and Beef-Ke-Bob with a couple of friends...There have been many changes to the exterior over the years and after 30 without stopping in, we came back on Saturday night. After about a 5 minute wait, we were escorted into the main dining room, a big open room with high ceilings. It was decorated with typical column architecture and paintings, AND sitting by itself on a high shelf was a model of a Jetliner, like the ones that they sell at some airport gift shops..I'm not sure how that fits into the decor but... They have solid wood tables in the center of the room, surrounded by booths, some of which contained round tables surrounded by nicely padded curved seats. We had a table, just the two of us. We weren't in a "drinking mood" tonight, so we ordered our meals with water. Good water....It was served with a basket of warm bread and butter. I ordered the Greek style meatball entree, which came with a small Greek Salad. My partner had the Spanakopita appetizer and a plate of Chef's seasonal vegetables. I enjoyed the salad, although I've never seen finely shredded feta cheese before (it was probably some other cheese), but I wasn't in a mood to complain..The salad was made with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, onion, an olive and a large peperoncini. Not bad. The meatballs, around 7 nice sized were served in a large soup bowl dancing in a tomato-based sauce. They were very tender and tasty, especially with the nice mint flavor. The sauce was very good too. They were served with a plate of greasy french fries and Chef's seasonal vegetables, primarily yellow and green squash. I found the squash bland although my partner enjoyed them along with the Spanakopita. Our waitress was very pleasant but service was mediocre, especially when we ran out of water and it seems like 10 minutes had passed before our glasses were refilled. After we finished and declined dessert, we waited another 15 minutes (felt like more) before we were given our bill. Overall I felt that the prices for the entrees were about 20% too high. My meatball entree at $15.99 really looked like a $11.99 dish. The small Greek Salad that came with it is $4.99 separately, which would have been ok if it was 50% larger. It was ok. I would come back to try a beef-ke-bob, but I don't think I would go back for a full dinner of one of the entrees..

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best greek food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

this place is a homey litte restraunt directly next to/overlooking Patapsco horse farm and Patapsco state park's woods. It has a deck outside for the warmer days, a seperate bar/grill area for more casual evenings, and a family friendly restraunt side perfect for dates and business lunches. Their Saganaki (flaming goat cheese) is my personal favorite, served with bread, and the maryland crab soup is out of this world! If you catch it at the right time of year, their seasonal martinis include my absolute favorite: Pumkin Pie Martini. I have been told their gyros are excellent as well. They have a broad menu, and cater for small events. The service is outstanding! The owner is a very nice gentleman and the waiters/bartenders are personable and always on point. I go there every Thursday with my mother, and sometimes on sundays for game time for their endless brunch. Any chance I get I reccomend them, and on the Thursdays I cannot go, nothing seems as good :) I could go on about this place for days!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“customer service not acceptable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I live in NYC. On three occasions while visting the Baltimore area I took some friends to this restaurant. The food was fine. Unfortunately, I forgot my cretit card (a Friday night) and called at lunch on Sat and was told the card was there, I asked if the card could be sent to me - they asked that I send a photocopy of my drivers license which I did promptly on Monday morning. I photocopied the license on my letterhead giving all of my telephone numbers and email address. As the card did not arrive I called and found it had not been sent - Tom told me the photocopy of my drivers license was dark - Yet NO ONE called to tell me - NO ONE sent me an email - there was no follow up on their part. Unfortuantely I am going out of the country next week and have had to cancel the card to which my reservations are tied.

I accept the responsibility that I didnot follow up sooner on its return - I do think the restaurant's had some responsibilty to make an effort to return the card to me or say they were unwilling to return it. Customer service is more than food.... Since that was only my third time at the restaurant they should not be concerned that I will not be back!

• Visited October 2011