“On Behalf of the Mississauga Olympians” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hampton Park Boulevard, Capitol Heights, MD 20743   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“On Behalf of the Mississauga Olympians”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This has been my second time staying at this hotel and I feel very confident that whenever I am in Landover MD, I will keep coming back. I arrived to the hotel with a large group of people (around 30 to 50 persons) and there were two gentlemen working at the front desk, knowing that we were arriving a head of time, they had already laid out our keys and information, so the service was going smoothly. They were really nice to talk to and found them all to be quite charming. The staff overall was welcoming and I could see that they all worked well together, considering that one of the workers at the front desk took time out of his original schedule to help his co-worker deal with such a large group without his co-worker's request, very admirable.

They knew how to deal with any crisis. Any issues we had received with the rooms was dealt with swiftly by sending in the maintenance guy or finding a new room for us.

Our continental breakfast service great. Last year was a mess after another group had been in the room and made it very miserable for the parents and children that I was travelling with. There was limited food and the group we were sharing with, had a lot of sick people, making the food and the environment unappealing. However, the lady in charge of the breakfast, Louise, was amazing!! She regulated both groups to ensure that were all feed and brought the disturbances down a level despite everything.

Upon her request, she offered a solution for our 2013 visit. She and her team went above and beyond by allowing us to have our own room and time slot in the early morning, while opening another breakfast for the rest of their guests. On behalf of my group, I would like to say that we were very grateful for her services. As we were a large group with a lot of children, the stress of dealing with children so early in the morning had been moderated by the hotel's services ensuring that our trip was starting out smoothly each morning.

The rooms were clean and well maintained. I saw that the cleaners were always busy cleaning the rooms throughout the hotel which showed their discipline.

I believe that this hotel has great work ethics and amazing people who run this hotel. I hope they are all compensated and know they are appreciated.

So Thank You to Louise and the Staff at the Capitol Heights Branch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gabriela E, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you so much Barbara for your nice comment on Trip Advisor. I would like to give special gratitude to you for writing this review as a representative of the Mississauga Olympians. It was our pleasure to welcome your group in the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights. Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel as your home away from home.

As I read through your comment I realized how much time you took out of your life to write this article. We at the Comfort Inn Hotel can not Thank you enough.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights for a sports event. I was a bit reluctant to stay there- I had read reviews and to be honest - I was expecting the hotel to not be that good and I thought I wouldn't enjoy my stay. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The young man who checked us in (and out) was nice, the room was fine. I had booked 2 rooms and asked for adjoining and I got them no problem. Everything in my room worked fine, we got a good night's sleep, I didn't hear any excessive noise. I didn't have any issues for the 2 nights. For the price that was paid, I think it was fine! My only complaint was that the breakfast wasn't that great...but not a huge deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Hampton Park Blvd during the 2013 Cherry Tree Blossom festival. Couldn't have asked for better personal service. Operations Manager Kenny Patel very friendly and helpful. Manny the Security Guard/Shuttle driver was the best. Janeth who worked the desk was always smiling and helpful. The shuttle service from the metro to the hotel was the best. All we had to do was call when we arrived at the metro and they were there in less than 10 minutes if that long. Same for when we wanted to go from the hotel to the metro, they were always ready. We went to dinner one night across the street from the hotel and Manny was there to walk us back to the hotel since it was dark. They were a lot of fun to be around and will stay there again if we ever go back. Enjoyed their company. The beds and pillows were the best we've had at any Comfort Inn. A lot of really nice pillows, great sheets and the bed was so comfortable and I was on the fold out couch! Sis and brother-in-law said the beds were just as nice. No back aches in the morning which was rare. The only bad note is I wasn't crazy about the breakfast and I wish the vanity was a little bigger but there were 2 of them, one in the bathroom and one out. Clean, great hotel. Would like to have that same hotel closer to Washington DC, it was about a 30 minute metro ride.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

While my family has "officially" relocated to Harrisburg, PA, my job still demands my presence in the D.C. area three to four days a week. This has been going on for the past three months and may continue for some time to come. I have found the staff here to be not only courteous and helpful, but going out of their way to make me feel comfortable in what has truly become a home-away-from-home. I feel comfortable and safe. I do an early breakfast (as soon as the area opens), and no matter how the rest of the day goes know that I will have a decent meal to start the day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Paducah, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Had never been to this section of DC area before and will try to never go there again. The hotel is surrounded by its own fencing and I was glad for that. Vagabonds hang out on the sidewalk asking for cigarettes if you try walking anywhere. The Red Lobster in this area had its own armed security guard if that tells you anything. Just didn't feel safe. The hotel staff is very professional and friendly here but the rooms are average at best. Do not recommend this hotel for families or females traveling alone.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here 3-7thru 3-10 it was his birthday on 3-8.Gabrielle,Kahlid and Kenny Patel was the greatest.the little issues we had was fixed pretty fast,we stayed at this hotel 4 times we call it our little spot when we want to just get away we will continue to come back thank you see u soon

• Stayed March 2013
Culpeper, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for two nights with my mother and had three rooms total (rest of my family). They immediately charged my card at check-in, rather than check-out like most other hotels. No big deal. The breakfast was ... eh. I'd rather stick with what comes already packaged (i.e. yogurts) rather than my food just being exposed to all sorts of hands and people. Literally watched a man fill up a 64oz. jug of juice from their juice dispenser, one plastic cup at a time. Yeah, seriously! And he made multiple waffles, grabbed cereal, crammed everything in a shopping cart and walked out. Suspicious, but then again the area doesn't quite scream SAFE anyways. Just don't make eye contact. It is MD afterall. The room was decent. Even though it was supposed to be nonsmoking, there were soot smear marks on walls, cigarette burns not so much on beds themselves, but furniture and curtains. Was on the 4th floor. Elevators were pretty dirty with trash, cramped, and slow. And weirdly, there were m&ms on the floor when we walked in. Bed slumped in the middle on both beds. I mean, like I said it ain't terrible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!