“Enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here 3-7thru 3-10 it was his birthday on 3-8.Gabrielle,Kahlid and Kenny Patel was the greatest.the little issues we had was fixed pretty fast,we stayed at this hotel 4 times we call it our little spot when we want to just get away we will continue to come back thank you see u soon

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Culpeper, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for two nights with my mother and had three rooms total (rest of my family). They immediately charged my card at check-in, rather than check-out like most other hotels. No big deal. The breakfast was ... eh. I'd rather stick with what comes already packaged (i.e. yogurts) rather than my food just being exposed to all sorts of hands and people. Literally watched a man fill up a 64oz. jug of juice from their juice dispenser, one plastic cup at a time. Yeah, seriously! And he made multiple waffles, grabbed cereal, crammed everything in a shopping cart and walked out. Suspicious, but then again the area doesn't quite scream SAFE anyways. Just don't make eye contact. It is MD afterall. The room was decent. Even though it was supposed to be nonsmoking, there were soot smear marks on walls, cigarette burns not so much on beds themselves, but furniture and curtains. Was on the 4th floor. Elevators were pretty dirty with trash, cramped, and slow. And weirdly, there were m&ms on the floor when we walked in. Bed slumped in the middle on both beds. I mean, like I said it ain't terrible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tysons
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed overnight lastnight and added one more day today to be close to family in area.
Hotel is a good value for the price, I would have rated it average except for service and Manager which caused me to give it a tick up.

Evidently by staying today, they accidentally thought I was gone and checked me out. Upon my return and lady at desk explaining what had happened when my key wouldn't work she got the manager because the few items in the room had been removed. Very polite man who greeted me by name before i even spoke and took me to an office where he had what must have been more than 3 dozen comeras monitored in that covered even the liscense plates of vehicles pulling up etc- amazing the technology these days.

He could see the hallway where my room door was and called his cleaning supervisor and from just a few minutes of recording they immeadietly found the right cleaning lady and had my stuff returned plus comped the night for the mistake. Very pleased with response.

I was leary of the place due to reviews below and I'll admit there did seem to be some local traffic, but if thier are prostitutes and drugs in here they must have a wish to be arested because just from that office and other things I noticed, they are serious on the security and keeping almost scary tabs.

Just very pleased with the comp night instead of a routine sorry.
Was much better place than I expected -

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had to stay here after learning my accomodations weren't available so this place was a last minute deal.

There were shady characters lurking around the building, truckers and prostitutes taking Instagram shots and moldy smells.

The bed covers had burn holes in them and I'm not talking from cigarrettes. The heat stopped working and you needed super human strength in order to turn on the faucet. After changing rooms, the microwave made a loud ticking sound so it was unplugged.

Called the front desk to ask if they could call for a taxi to take us to the Metro station. They called and the taxi driver charged us $5 a piece to take us less than a mile to the Metro station. The next day we found out that this Comfort Inn had a courtesy shuttle that would have taken us there for free but of course, no one told us when we called for a taxi.

Too many other negative issues to mention here so I will let my travel mates continue with their experiences. To be continued.

Room Tip: During the week is quiet, don't try to sleep during the weekend.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Gabriela E, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Mikki,

Please accept my deepest apologizes for the negative impression you had, at the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights.
However, we appreciate that you took the time and posted your comment on Trip Advisor. Positive and negative comments alike; help us to improve our guest satisfaction. Please feel assured that every point of your comment will be addressed with our quality assurance team. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority.
I would like to have the opportunity to talk to you, maybe by phone or e-mail, and to ask you a view detailed questions regarding your stay.
Again, thank you so much for your comment, feel free to contact me at any time.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Overall hotel stay was great, no major problems. This was a perfect place to stay while in town to see the Redskins. Not a bad walk or drive to parking. Room was clean and houskeeping staff very friendly. Front desk staff was great!!! Anytime we travel to MD for a skins game, we always stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Gabriela E, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Noel P,

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to leave such a nice comment on Trip Advisor. A public comment like yours is more meaningful to our staff than any recognition from management.
We are looking forward to see you next year for the football season.

Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Comfort Inn, Capitol Heights, MD has been a staying place for me for the past few years. I have stayed there at least 2 times a year for the past 5 years. The hotel has always served my needs. The front desk has been helpful and the woman who works the breakfast remembers me and makes me feel welcome. I must admit, the place continues to improve. It is an easy Metro ride to any Washington DC sights. The security is good, I always feel safe on the grounds. Hats off to the staff

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gabriela E, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Charles B,

The staff and management of the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights owe you a big THANK YOU.
You took the time from your busy life to write a really nice review about the Hotel and our staff on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much. A person like you is the creator of an excellent work environment in the Hospitality Industry. You are a motivator for our entire staff especially our breakfast lady.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights.
altanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I come to maryland every 2 weeks to stay at this hotel for a conference. Everytime that I have came here there has been something just not comfortable @ the Comfort Inn! I informed the front desk of an issue and they immediately called it a complaint. Management is horrible. They are not concerned for their guest. The manager was very rude and nonchalant. He really could careless about my concern for the duration of my stay. Clearly customer service is an amenity at this hotel. This hotel has changed management several times, and have "claimed" to be renovating. But everytime I come here I still see the same rooms pilled up with stuff. Their is a moldy stinct on the second floor. The internet tricks you until you get here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gabriela E, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear valued guest from Atlanta,

I appreciate your comment and honesty on Trip Advisor, every little bit helps us to improve our service, as well as your experience with us.
Please accept my apologies for the negative impression you had at your past trip to Maryland. I am so sorry that I did not have the opportunity to talk to you in person; I can assure you, that I would have tried everything in my power to change your stay into a positive note. Please seek me out personally on your next trip to the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights, so we can make your stay an excellent experience.

Gabriela

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!