When I initiated my search for a hotel near the DC area I was advised to look outside of Washington DC to get a fair priced room. I came across many places with comfortable prices. Being that the weekend we aimed for was to celebrate my birthday with my husband I wanted it to be financially friendly but nice. I had read many reviews and was fooled by this "Comfort Inn". I found it on choicehotel.com. The pictures looked decent and I am not a frequent flyer/traveler so no need for such a shabby hotel. After a long drive from NJ we arrived to only be greeted by a not so friendly scenery of people hanging outside smoking pot. My husband and I were trying to be optimistic and actually checked-in. I have never been so disappointed in MY LIFE! After checking-in we proceed to go up stairs in a creepy elevator and when we got to our room the keys did not work. Back down to the lobby in the creepy elevator! Finally we got working keys! The room smelled like pot & mold,, BURF! I had made reservations to a restaurant in DC and was about to cancel! After seeing how disappointed I was about the area, the smell and the dingy room my husband booked a room in Washington DC. We cancelled the rest of our already booked days and left so fast that I forgot my phone charger! I had to walk past a cloud of smoke from people smoking pot , up the creepy elevator and ran in and out the room as fast as possible! The one positive thing I had to say was that the person who checked us in was very friendly. When we were checking out we were approached by the so called manager. I am sorry if you are supposed to be the face of the hotel management you should be wearing presentable attire and not have hot pink streaks of hair! We had to pay that one night but got our money back for the rest of the nights. The saying " you get what you pay for," has never made more sense! PLEASE PLEASE do not stay here. And to think we were supposed to go with my 1 yr old son! After we left we had an amazing weekend at another hotel 5 blocks away from the White House, affiliated to the Marriott hotels. After our experience it was worth every penny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capitol Inn at FedEx Field in Capitol Heights, Maryland hotel is located 13 miles from downtown Washington D.C. and George Washington University. It serves a daily continental breakfast and features rooms with free Wi-Fi. Capitol Inn at FedEx Field offers air-conditioned rooms furnished with a microwave and refrigerator. Each spacious room includes a cable TV, work desk and coffee maker. Fedex Field, home of the Washington Redskins, is a 10-minute drive from the Capitol Inn at FedEx Field. The Smithsonian Institute and Museum is 11 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Capitol Inn at FedEx Field reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Capitol Heights
- Fedex Field Comfort Inn
- Capitol Heights Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Capitol Heights