“Not very clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Capitol Heights
Townsend, DE
“Not very clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I were very disappointed with our stay here. We picked this hotel online because it was close to the theme park that we were spending the day at. Comnfort Inn usually has a great reputation so I figured we wouldn't go wronge. The shower took 5 minutes to get hot water, there was a long black hair stuck to the back of the bathroom door, the vents in the bathroom were dusty/dirty, the duvet on the bed was stained/dirty, the hallway smelt like urine, and to top it off the coffee in our room for the coffee pot tasted just like water with a hint of coffee. We know to never stay here again! At check out, we weren't even ask how our stay was or anything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gabriela E, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Ruth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience
with us. We at the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights appreciate an honest
review, which ultimately helps us to improve in the troubled areas. We
recently underwent a new change in management and we are currently
undergoing a process of renovations i.e, updating the bedding,
including comforters and also the carpets in our rooms and hallways.
Again thank you so much for your comment, and I would like to extend
my sincerest apologizes. If you would like to contact me to discuss
this matter in debt I would be very happy to do so.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We always look for Comfort Inns to stay at. We picked this one because it was part way to ocean city and we were tired! I guess if the bed had not been so awful it would have been fine. The check in desk was so polite and friendly; especially the lady with the pink hair. The beds both had a large dip in the middle. We certainly did not sleep well. We should asked for another room but we were undressed and so tired we decided to make it work. It didn't. We had hoped for a good night sleep before hitting the beach for Labor Day weekend. We did mention the beddin issue at checkout. We were told they were renovating. Until they complete the renovations, be sure to ask for the most updated rooms! Breakfast was hot and nice. Waffles, eggs, sausage patties, donuts, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal and yogurt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TamalePittsburgh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us! I'm pleased you took the time to mention the service levels and especially Gabriela (Our Pink Haired lady) whom we have just recently promoted to Assistant Manager -I will relay the compliments!

Apologies on the bed issues - this has come up a couple times recently and we are correcting this immediately - Literally visited the property and were going to inspect rooms soon as we finish this response. While were excited over the new bedding program and the flat screens etc. etc. and glad the staff mentioned it, until its complete we need to identify and remove these rooms for a bit.

Finally Thank you for the breakfast comments - our hostess puts a lot of effort in there and we fully believe that a great breakfast on the way out with a smile is always the best way to end a stay.

Thank you again and hopefully see you soon!

Dave Crance,
VP. Sales and Marketing
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Warm welcome upon arrival, booked three rooms and was give three next to each other. Room was, for the most part, clean. The coffee pot burner had not been cleaned ever, there were some dirt spots on one of the bath towels and what's with those half pillows? One bed seemed to roll to the middle, the other was better, but so close to the wall it was impossible to get in from both sides. Had what appeared to be a nice balcony, however the sliding doors were welded closed so no one could get outside - was the same in all the rooms. Neighnorhood was not so inviting after dark. Only bright spot was the breakfast spread - make your own waffles, with sausage and eggs. There was a very large assortment of stale donuts and breads, which weren't too bad after being toasted. All in all, it was not the best hotel I have ever stayed in, but considering the nearness to FEDEX field, we will probably stay here again - one night only.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jack,
Thank you for taking the time to share and the very frank and honest review of what went well and what was disappointing. Most Importantly thank you and your friends for staying with us!
We are in the process of upgrading the bedding in conjunction with other furniture and fixtures, In addition I've asked the property to take a day and check beds as we've seen this trend and would rather not rent the room than disappoint guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and my apologies.
Thank you for the Breakfast Comment's - after a review of competitors Breakfast in the area it became obvious that the days of continentals are long past. We have spent a considerable amount of time in choosing and selecting our breakfast package and the addition of eggs, meats, waffles, etc has been enthusiastically received.

Again we appreciate your taking the time to share and stay with us - Please reach out if time permits and contact me through the site, I'd enjoy an opportunity to discuss your stay more in detail especially with having had several guests here at the same time. We have a new Management team and are upgrading, it would be great to receive the direct feedback and suggestions from you in detail.

Dave Crance
VP. Sales & Marketing
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This iad is the one and only bad exspearence I've had using the choice hotel site to pick hotels on my trips. the first night the phone was broke and the microave was missing, the second day they fixed the phone but never got the microwave, when I came back from site seeing my door was propped open with a coat hanger all my belongings were throw on one bed and contracts where working down the hall they said they were told the room was empty! Yet all my things including colthes were picked up out of draws and throwen on a bed. The hotel then moved me to another room where I would be more comfortable but the cable did not work and the air conditioner was broken. This Hotel should be removed from the Choice Hotel Site do not stay Here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richard,
My apologies Sir, I always see generic answers and apologies on review sites, I want to insure you that I have investigated the issues mentioned with the Management team at the location. I believe they had already contacted you from what I've learned but invite you to please contact me through this site to follow up!

I've learned that in changing out the furniture for the New Flat screens that there was an error in communication with our staff and the contractors. Unforgivable moving a guests belongings if they are with in their stay dates and an error that we will insure is not repeated.

Again while a poor post is disappointing, it does allow us to review and correct. We have a very sincere team in that building and were all appreciative of any feedback. Please as I said contact me I'd like to further discuss this.

Dave Crance
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel is close to a Metro Rail Station, and Brian is ready to shuttle you back and forth at a moment's notice! The staff, in general , is FANTASTIC. They are all very nice folks! Like the title of this review, they helped me to have a great weekend in our Nation's Capital! Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: Enjoy the FREE warm breakfast from 7-10 AM!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Randy,
Thank you for the kind words and especially taking the time to share! Apologies for late recognition as we had just brought on a New Management Team in JULY and have had a busy time catching up.
Very Very pleased to see your review and know they immediately got off on the right foot at that location! I will relay the comments to the new team and again thank you for taking the time to share and especially for choosing us from so many options in the DC area!

Dave C.
V.P. Sales and Marketing
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

There was a severe storm in the DMV area and my electricity was out for 2 days. The temperature was 90+ degrees so I decided to take my children to stay at this hotel because they offered breakfast and had a pool. The room was standard and clean, the pool was maintained and the small gym was cool. Actually everything was okay until we checked out and noticed that the my daughter had left 3 gift cards, her Metro Smart Trip pass and $10 in a night stand drawer. We called the hotel the same evening that we checked out and were told that housekeeping was gone for the day, call back in the morning. The following day, we called 3 times and had to leave several messages with housekeeping, to no avail. Finally in the early afternoon, I went back to the hotel only to be told by the front desk receptionist that there was nothing left in the room. I saw a housekeeper and asked her if she had received our messages and she said no but there was nothing in the room. I then asked her to check again while I was there. When she returned, she handed me the 3 gift cards and said that was all that was left in the room. I was appalled. I asked for the manager and was told that the housekeeper was the supervisor of the housekeepers. Needless to say, I departed pissed!!! I then called back to the hotel and was immediately transferred to the hotel manager who told me that he would check with the actual housekeeper who cleaned the room. He asked for my contact information and assured me that he would investigate this matter and get back to me immediately. Over a week has passed and still no call back from anyone. Needless to say, I will never stay there again. Integrity means everything to me and I cannot tolerate theives and deception!! If there is another power outage, my family will stay in another location without a pool and complimentary breakfast instead of staying with criminals.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
fletcher
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed her for a trip to DC and had an easy access to downtown via 295. There is plenty of parking and lots of eating places nearby The price was reasonable for being in the DC area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!