“bad hotel should not be on choice site” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Capitol Heights
Chesapeake, Virginia
“bad hotel should not be on choice site”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This iad is the one and only bad exspearence I've had using the choice hotel site to pick hotels on my trips. the first night the phone was broke and the microave was missing, the second day they fixed the phone but never got the microwave, when I came back from site seeing my door was propped open with a coat hanger all my belongings were throw on one bed and contracts where working down the hall they said they were told the room was empty! Yet all my things including colthes were picked up out of draws and throwen on a bed. The hotel then moved me to another room where I would be more comfortable but the cable did not work and the air conditioner was broken. This Hotel should be removed from the Choice Hotel Site do not stay Here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DaveC55, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Richard,
My apologies Sir, I always see generic answers and apologies on review sites, I want to insure you that I have investigated the issues mentioned with the Management team at the location. I believe they had already contacted you from what I've learned but invite you to please contact me through this site to follow up!

I've learned that in changing out the furniture for the New Flat screens that there was an error in communication with our staff and the contractors. Unforgivable moving a guests belongings if they are with in their stay dates and an error that we will insure is not repeated.

Again while a poor post is disappointing, it does allow us to review and correct. We have a very sincere team in that building and were all appreciative of any feedback. Please as I said contact me I'd like to further discuss this.

Dave Crance

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel is close to a Metro Rail Station, and Brian is ready to shuttle you back and forth at a moment's notice! The staff, in general , is FANTASTIC. They are all very nice folks! Like the title of this review, they helped me to have a great weekend in our Nation's Capital! Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: Enjoy the FREE warm breakfast from 7-10 AM!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
DaveC55, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Randy,
Thank you for the kind words and especially taking the time to share! Apologies for late recognition as we had just brought on a New Management Team in JULY and have had a busy time catching up.
Very Very pleased to see your review and know they immediately got off on the right foot at that location! I will relay the comments to the new team and again thank you for taking the time to share and especially for choosing us from so many options in the DC area!

Dave C.
V.P. Sales and Marketing
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

There was a severe storm in the DMV area and my electricity was out for 2 days. The temperature was 90+ degrees so I decided to take my children to stay at this hotel because they offered breakfast and had a pool. The room was standard and clean, the pool was maintained and the small gym was cool. Actually everything was okay until we checked out and noticed that the my daughter had left 3 gift cards, her Metro Smart Trip pass and $10 in a night stand drawer. We called the hotel the same evening that we checked out and were told that housekeeping was gone for the day, call back in the morning. The following day, we called 3 times and had to leave several messages with housekeeping, to no avail. Finally in the early afternoon, I went back to the hotel only to be told by the front desk receptionist that there was nothing left in the room. I saw a housekeeper and asked her if she had received our messages and she said no but there was nothing in the room. I then asked her to check again while I was there. When she returned, she handed me the 3 gift cards and said that was all that was left in the room. I was appalled. I asked for the manager and was told that the housekeeper was the supervisor of the housekeepers. Needless to say, I departed pissed!!! I then called back to the hotel and was immediately transferred to the hotel manager who told me that he would check with the actual housekeeper who cleaned the room. He asked for my contact information and assured me that he would investigate this matter and get back to me immediately. Over a week has passed and still no call back from anyone. Needless to say, I will never stay there again. Integrity means everything to me and I cannot tolerate theives and deception!! If there is another power outage, my family will stay in another location without a pool and complimentary breakfast instead of staying with criminals.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
fletcher
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed her for a trip to DC and had an easy access to downtown via 295. There is plenty of parking and lots of eating places nearby The price was reasonable for being in the DC area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

From the very start first it was maybe thirty of us all senior's one of the elevator's had just been fixed and couldn't be turned on untill it was inspected didn't mind because that was very good that they were being honest,but it was this young guy with some fancy braids at the desk. I could tell he was off but didn't want to see us all standing waiting. He turned around and carried all of our luggage up the stairs to the fifth floor , and would not accept a tip from anyone. Said it was the least he could do since we had a long ride, then in the morning he made sure we had seat's together for breakfast and that wasn't easy because there was alot of other groups there too. He also drove us too Metro station, and he fixed lil things that was wrong in our rooms. He also told us were the best places to go eat and shop.

Room Tip: Check-in when the young guy with the fancy braids is there.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I recently spent a night here on a 2 day trip to DC. I didn't want to pay a lot for a hotel room in the center of the city so I looked for a place outside the city. It was about 20 minutes outside of DC on the metro, and about a 10 minute walk from the metro station to the hotel (although at certain hours of the day a free shuttle is offered between the station and hotel). The room was clean and the bathroom was extremely comfortable. I did not wake up early enough for the free breakfast (the bed was too comfortable, and I wasn't with anybody to wake me up) so I can't judge that, but all in all it was a great place to spend a night and I definitely would have spent a few more days here if I had more time to tour the city.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Smithtown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel enroute home to New York from South Carolina. When pulling in the parking lot, the first thing I noticed was the Security car parked across 2 spaces in the lot. Upon further inspection it didnt appear this car has moved in quite some time and if it has the two tires on the passenger side need air. Upon check-in the staff was friendly and accomdating. I was told that the lot out front was gated and very safe because they have many cameras out there. My thought was if its that safe ya dont need cameras. Anyway, the area may not be the best but it is close to Washington and Baltimore so its very convienant and right off the highway. The room itself was great. I was impressed by the cleanliness and it was a very spacious room. The continental breakfast was more tha adequate and the staff was very attentive to the upkeep and cleanliness of the eating area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!