“Nice hotel in rough area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8850 Hampton Mall Drive North, Capitol Heights, MD 20743   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Capitol Heights
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel in rough area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is very nice hotel considering it's surroundings. I will say that even though the area seems a little rough I can say that nothing went wrong with my three day stay. . The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and the pool and work out area was also good with updated equipment. I recommend the Panda express it was very good for fast food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had booked the room with the jacuzzi in it online and once we got in the room and settled, we tried to start the jacuzzi and lamp table with radio and neither worked... we called down stairs and they asked what did we do??? After my husband explained that "We" did not do anything and it was already like that they sent someone up after 15minutes...He could not figure out what was wrong so the on duty mgr came up and the housekeeper and it took all 3 of them around 30min to finally see that it was actually a faulty lamp that was beside the bed right next to the Jacuzzi tub! The manager said that he would take care of a portion of our bill and when we check out they will take care of us. That did not happen and the manager that was on duty was Rude, Nasty and down right Disrespectful! I mean to the point my husband & I was shocked and she didnt care and dared us to call corporate!!...needless to say after leaving and calling back to get her info she hung up on us numerous times. We contacted corporate and they apologized, found out who the fist face of their hotel was and refunded us our money....Never will we stay here again and they should have fired her....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards.

We also apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We want our guest's to feel like our staff makes them feel like family. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed 12/27. There were a lot of young people also. Apparently we must've been in the smoking section because, the young people smelled of pot. The room was clean. Breakfast was ok. We liked that the suite had enough room in the sitting area for visitors. It was in a great location- food, shopping, subway to DC. Overall it was a good value.

• Stayed December 2013
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay at Country Inn & Suites, Capitol Heights, MD while visiting Washington D. C. to sight see. I did not know much about the area and picked this hotel for close distance. Great pick!! From the time I called hotel to inquire about the room, until the we checked out, I received excellent customer service. Carmen, front desk staff member was awesome and the night staff was great as well. Our room was clean and we had adequate space (2 adults & 2 kids), perfect family hotel room at a great price! Carmen and the entire staff made our stay feel welcoming. I would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Great hotel... friendly customer service, breakfast, pool and hotel room has adequate space for fami...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Glenville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Prebooked a nonrefundable room.Was told they needed to make a copy of my license because they needed to know who was staying there. Had choice to stay or leave and get no refundAt check out I asked for the copy back and was told they needed to keep a copy on file.
No manager on duty to discuss with. Could not reach on phone. Received a email from corporate asking how my stay was.I expressed my concerns of keeping a copy of my license due to identity theft they agreed and that the hotel would be contacting me to discuss thier policy.its been a few weeks and they have not contacted me.All I want to know is it the corporate policy of this chain. If it is I will never book a nonrefundable room with them again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I traveled 4 hours and I needed a place to finally rest. My friend decided to stay at the Country & suites in Capitol Heights, Maryland. Since it was a "spur of the moment" thing I didn't have high hopes for luxury. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and it didn't have that "hotel smell" I had a great night sleep and I just love those pillows. But my favorite part of the experience was in the morning when I was 10 minutes late for breakfast. The staff was friendly and courteous and allowed me and my friends to have breakfast... I think we'll stay another night. :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn! Excellent managent and staff! You have gained another loyal customer! I will recomend this hotel to everyone! I was truly amazed at the hospitality that me and my family received! It is greatly appreciated!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights? Share your experiences!