“One night stay..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8850 Hampton Mall Drive North, Capitol Heights, MD 20743   |
Cleveland, Ohio
“One night stay..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I was on vacation and not familiar with the dc area..I booked the room using my hotel points with country inn ans suites. The area the hotel was in was a little different than hotels I normally book. The area surrounding the hotel only had fast food places. Up the street and waaay around the corner was Fed Ex field so you would think there would be some restaurants around but there was not. When I checked in the staff was great a guy even went upstairs to see if there was a room ready prior to check in. The room was spacious it was a suite. The only issue was the sink drained really slow. The morning breakfast was wonderful the lady who worked there actually made from scratch biscuits..I had 4 or 5. I don't really eat sausage gravy so what I had to eat was pretty limited to biscuits and orange juice. They had juices,bagels, toast, mini blueberry muffins, hot oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, yogurt and a waffle machine. All staff I encountered including someone who I think may have been the manager were all very nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Leon C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff made our guests feel welcome. We absolutely pride ourselves on our friendliness, and we appreciate the acknowledgement. We apologize for the issue with your sink, and hope you will choose to stay with us again!

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked the room through Hotwire where the hotel was listed as being nonsmoking. When I got there the room they assigned reeked of cigarettes which you could smell when exiting the elevator. I complained and the clerk put me in a different room, but when I returned from dinner he said I had to back to the smoking room. He claimed the manager chewed him out and threatened to fire him if I was still in the new room the next morning. He even had a security guard there to escort me to the smoking room and I was told if I didn't move to the smoking room I would be escorted off the premises. He couldn't even refund my money because I booked it on Hotwire. It didn't matter to them that they were in the wrong by advertising as a 100% smoke free hotel but were allowing smoking on part of the third floor, confirmed by the hotel security guard and the ashtrays that were present in the rooms. I had to scramble to find a room for the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leon C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the confusion in your room booking. We are currently working with Hotwire to clear up the discrepancy in their listings, and assure you that you will not be charged for the booking at our hotel. We apologize for the mixup, and all of our employees will be properly trained to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Leon Chittams
Country Inn & Suites
Fredericksburg,Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night while my daughter had a basketball tournament. I have no complaints, we have stayed in Country Inns in the past an this one did not disappoint . We had a king studio with king bed an sleeper sofa. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The room had a fridge, microwave coffee pot and flat screen tv. Bathroom was spacious an clean with curved shower rod. The hotel has as small indoor pool an hot tub that the girls enjoyed. Breakfast was good, waffles, sausage, eggs , potatoes, cereals, juices, fresh fruit, bagels etc. This hotel is off the interstate and is located in a shopping center. The parking out front is well lit . It is very close to Fed Ex field. There is a little area in the lobby with chairs, sofa and computer for guests to use. Also free Wifi. I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leon C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is through our guests that we truly see the return on our hard work. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will choose us again, maybe for a Redskins game!

Leon Chittams
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We're surprised at previous reviews of this hotel,because we found all of the staff of this hotel to be most friendly and accommodating...more so than in other Country Inn and Suites we've stayed in. Location is excellent ..right off I-95 and 8 or 9 miles from Washington DC. Rooms are large, and clean, and, again, all staff were most helpful, even checking with us every day to make sure everything was OK with our accommodations. The only minor down-side was that we stayed there during the week of Spring school break, and every day, the hotel had one or two busloads of vacationing students, with parents/chaperones staying there, so the noise level at times was higher than usual, but that's not anything that would keep us from staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leon C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to ensure our staff offers the very best in customer service. We actually hold numerous training sessions for our employees on customer service, 2 of which we had just last week. It is wonderful to see that our dedication is paying off. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, MD
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a little difficulty finding this hotel, and finally called the front desk who were immensely helpful in finding our way back as it was pretty late at night when we arrived. We loved the staff at this hotel, especially the breakfast staff, who were very friendly and eager to get us whatever we needed, all with a smile on their faces! The only thing we found fault with was the hotel needed a little updating, and some wall outlet plates were cracked (an easy under $1 fix). We weren't happy that the hotel's posted pool and spa hours are 3pm to 9pm. Some crazy law Maryland has about requiring a lifeguard on duty when the pool is open (the pool is 3 and a half feet deep!). This wasn't the hotel's fault, nor was the fact that the hot tub wasn't working the two days we stayed there (an issue with us since I booked the hotel based on available amenities). The front desk was nice enough to offer a discount on one more night's stay (the day we checked out the hot tub was again working - figures!). Alas, we had to get back to work!

Room Tip: We had a room right next to the elevator and never heard a noise outside of the room! This hotel wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Leon C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It is through our guest feedback where we can truly gauge the impact we have in making your stay that much better. Yes, it is very true that this county requires a lifeguard anytime the pool is open, even in a 3 foot pool. But we are very glad you enjoyed your stay nonetheless, and hope you will stay with us again.

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Capitol Heights
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We requested a cot on the phone before we came. When we arrived, they said they were no cots available. We asked for extra blankets and were told that they had one more left. There was a large spider in the bathroom. There was one woman at the front desk every evening who was consistently rude. To top off our weekend, our car was broken into. We discovered it at 7:30 AM. When we reported it to the front desk, they became defensive and said it must've been after the security guard left at 7:00AM. They did not offer to call the police. We did it ourselves from the room.

• Stayed January 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I am sorry for what you had experienced during your time at our hotel. Your comments are something we take seriously!

Your comments will be forwarded to management to make them aware of the situation, so that we can increase guest satisfaction, and hopefully in the future, meet your expectations
Please feel free to contact us at CCare@CarlsonRezidor.com if you would like to tell us more about your experience.
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I spent eight days in this hotel and couldn't be more pleased with our experience. After reading various reviews I conclude that people use different criteria when evaluating their experience.

We found the staff to be most friendly, helpful and thoughtful. My kind of people! Large, expensive hotels are often somwhat cold and impersonal. By the time we left we felt we were leaving family! Hot coffee and warm cookies were always available near the front counter. Since we drove to the D.C. area I found the location almost ideal in many ways. There is an IHOP close by in the mall area. The staff highly recommended Sardi's across the street. If you like chicken you'll love this place.

There is easy access to the Beltway and the Metro station was relatively close by. A little advice on the last point. Parking is free and readily available on the weekends (except when the Redskins are playing). Parking is impossible before 9:00 a.m. but parking spots become available after 9:30 a.m. as the D.C. night shift goes home. One more point. Try and buy a 'Smartrip' card for the Metro if you are staying for more then a day or two. Cheaper and more convenient.

All in all, we'd highly recommend Country Inn & Suites Capital Heights.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the top (3rd) floor if staying on the weekend. Those football fans are party...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights? Share your experiences!