My wife and I spent eight days in this hotel and couldn't be more pleased with our experience. After reading various reviews I conclude that people use different criteria when evaluating their experience.
We found the staff to be most friendly, helpful and thoughtful. My kind of people! Large, expensive hotels are often somwhat cold and impersonal. By the time we left we felt we were leaving family! Hot coffee and warm cookies were always available near the front counter. Since we drove to the D.C. area I found the location almost ideal in many ways. There is an IHOP close by in the mall area. The staff highly recommended Sardi's across the street. If you like chicken you'll love this place.
There is easy access to the Beltway and the Metro station was relatively close by. A little advice on the last point. Parking is free and readily available on the weekends (except when the Redskins are playing). Parking is impossible before 9:00 a.m. but parking spots become available after 9:30 a.m. as the D.C. night shift goes home. One more point. Try and buy a 'Smartrip' card for the Metro if you are staying for more then a day or two. Cheaper and more convenient.
All in all, we'd highly recommend Country Inn & Suites Capital Heights.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Capitol Heights
- Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights Hotel Capitol Heights
- Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights Hotel
- Country Inn Capitol Heights
- Capitol Heights Country Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Capitol Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.