“Affordable place when visiting DC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Camp Springs
Palo Alto, CA
“Affordable place when visiting DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Well maintained, clean and quiet hotel. Comfortable with friendly staff. Free parking.
Metro service makes it easy to visit all the sights DC withouth the hassle and cost of finding parking. Trains run often.

The Metro ride to the DC Mall takes about 20 minutes. Hotel is close (1/2 mile) to the station and the hotel provide shuttle service every 1/2 hour ( and on call for pick up when coming back until 9pm). It's a big station, and there are taxis waiting as well.

Promo of 3 nights for the price of 2 makes this hotel a best buy. It is popular with families with kids.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Extremely pleased with our stay. Motel was very clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and efficient, the shuttle was prompt and convenient, the breakfast was exceptional. The staff went to great lengths to satisfy our "extra" wishes--fridge, microwave, chairs,help with wifi, directions for travelling to DC, etc. They even offered use of the breakfast room for our party of 8 to eat our noon meal together. We had a wonderful experience with your hotel and would definitely recommend this one.!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
altima2008
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Very nice and underated hotel right outside of D.C. Hotel offers a free shuttle to the green line branch ave metro station(ask front desk for hours). The staff was courteous and they know the area pretty well. They were able to answer all my questions. The room was very nice. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was decent sized. The business center only had one computer so depending on when you want to use it you may have some competition for it. The breakfeast was decent. They had bagels, cereal, sausage, egg patties coffee, oj and a waffle maker.

Another big thing I would like too add is that there was free parking at this hotel. The lodging tax for camp springs is only 5% also.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
iranak, Owner at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, March 9, 2010
Thank you so much for all your kind comments. We will be upgrading our breakfast in the near future and I hope you will return to stay with us! :)
anytown, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

In October of 2009, I stay at this hotel for five nights for business purposes. I have been overcharged at this hotel for $102.00. I changed my reservation and stayed there for five nights but a month later, I was charged for a night's stay, I presume because they never canceled my old reservation when they rescheduled. The manager has apologized and has told me that it would be corrected but after a month, this has never occurred. The manager also held a three-way conference call with my Credit Union when I found a hold on my account for several hundred dollars. After an apology, the funds were released but several days later my account was charged. The hotel's rooms were very clean but that's all that can be said favorably about this hotel. I had very expensive International award-winning cheeses shipped to this hotel. Although they were signed for, no one could locate them. I attempted for two straight hours to get a totally non- sympathetic desk clerk to help me. They cheeses were finally located but it did destroy my night! a second desk clerk was about as rude as you can get during my check-in. If you're on business, I recommend you stay somewhere else. This hotel is not worth the headaches.
Scott
Corvallis, OR.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for the comment. I've personally looked into your account and found that there were two reservations made in your name- nearly a month apart through Central Reservation, which is why you saw an amount of $102 charged nearly a month later. We charge no show fees if reservations are not cancelled in advance. Perhaps the second reservation made was a mistake? In any case I apologize for any problems this may have caused to you.

Also I do apologize for the cheese! A front desk agent put the cheese in the refrigerator so they would not spoil. They should have let the next shift know so they could be easily found upon your arrival.

I hope you do consider staying at our property again. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
waterboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Great value in a time we are all looking to stretch our hard earned dollars.Close to public trans. and quick access to interstate. Clean, neat and everything as promised.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
I really do appreciate your kindness and I would love to have you stay with us again! Please call us directly at the hotel for the best available rate :)
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

The property seems new. Everything was nice and clean. The people at the front desk were overall very helpful and accomodating. The shuttle was prompt and the drivers always courteous. You probably need a car, although we did get along without one (had to take a cab a couple times). We toured DC via the Metro, which is very close to the hotel, but is at the end of the line, so it takes a little while to get to the city. The immediate area seemed very safe. We had a wonderful time. Can't say enough about the free wireless internet and free breakfast! Also, there is a little bookshelf of children's books for the kids to borrow.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
I hope you had a great time in DC Allison! Please let me know if you will be back in the area. I really appreciate the kind comments.
Boston, Massachuetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

This hotel is the worst in the world. I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and the Country Inn was one of the worst that I have every stayed at. The front desk staff wasn't very friendly and it seems that they didnt know what they were doing. The room wasn't very clean and the the breakfast was horrible. The hallways smelled of marijuanna and when I told the front desk staff about it they told me there was nothing they could do. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. If you are in the DC metro area stay away from the Country Inn and Suites in Camp Springs.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
iranak, owner at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, November 18, 2009
On behalf of all employees at the Country Inn & Suites I apologize for the incidents that have occured. We are currently under new management and I will make sure this does not happen again!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base? Share your experiences!