“Comfortable and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Camp Springs
Richmond, Virginia
“Comfortable and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel that is clean, has a friendly staff and convenient to 95 North and South and Branch Ave (5) this is the place to be.We were greeted by the vivacious and friendly Alice when we checked in. Excellent customer service is always a key element for us and Alice did not disappoint. She is awesome!
This is an older property in terms of style, but our first floor room with a king sized bed was cozy and clean. It contained a microwave and a refrigerator as well as a flat screen TV. Our room was non-smoking.Some of the smoking rooms were on the first floor, but on the opposite side. We never smelled any smoke in the hallway, which was an initial concern for me.
Unfortunately, we missed the breakfast buffet. there is no where that one can walk to get a meal, but a less than 10 minute drive on Branch Avenue gives access to shopping centers and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice description of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we have plenty of restaurant suggestions at the front desk for your stay next time.

Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

There is nothing close to the hotel, eat or shop. No Starbucks within 7 miles. The price with amenities included are not worth it. I have stayed in country inns & suites a few times before and loved the stay but this one I don't suggest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

As we are located around businesses and government buildings, unfortunately we do not have entertainment in the immediate walking area. However, our closest Starbucks ( in Clinton, Md) and movie theatre is two miles away. We also have numerous restaurants within 2-5 miles, the Branch Ave. metro station is two blocks away which will give you access to Washington DC and other areas in Virginia and Maryland.

We are also a few short miles from Rosecroft Raceway, Six Flags America, and the FedEx Stadium.

We hope that you return and feel free to ask the front desk about where everything is located.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

First let's start with saying....This hotel is a perfect place to stay if you would like to sightsee DC for a great price... also being close to the metro is useful!!!

In my case we had booked for a sports event in Maryland for the 3 day weekend, but again a perfect place for a group to stay as well.

Dell and Alice were awesome!!!! planning the group event went very smoothly, and Dell was accommodating to what we needed. He was professional as well as personable, and really understood the needs of a sports group. (Thanks Dell!)

The rooms were the usual Country Inn standards..

The hotel didn't have a indoor pool but, after 12 hours of games...the team and parents just wanted a good meal and a little rest and relaxation (Usually we try to book with hotels that have indoor pools).
Note that there are no places to eat in walking distance but 2-3 miles away is a mall and zillions of places to eat and shop!

The breakfast was good (hot and cold buffet).

The "one technical foul" came when one of the coaches who had a player that needed a refrigerator for medical needs requested a replacement.. The coach asked the front desk to please send up another refrigerator.....unfortunately, after 3 days ( and the medication on ice in a cooler) the problem was never resolved.

As mentioned earlier...the price was right and the service was good, besides that one event that could have been a major problem if the student athlete didn't use his resources- by icing the medication.
A little surprised about the lack of response from the front desk personnel, as Dell and Alice were awesome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, I will share the review with our staff as it really motivates them to do well.

I'd like to apologize about the lack of an extra refrigerator. I will talk to our staff about making sure we find refrigeration space for important things like medicine in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

On 11/18/2012, I went to the hotel to inquire about availability and rates. Employees Alicia and Elizabeth were working at the front desk. I was not greeted when I approached the desk. I had to interrupt their conversation to ask my question. They were unprofessional and more interested in getting back to their personal conversation than assisting me. Elizabeth was worse. She was not friendly nor courteous. Her customer service skills were horrible. Both of them need to be retrained.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that you were not given proper attention upon your arrival. I'm surprised as this is not typical behavior. I have addressed the issue with our front desk staff.

Elizabeth relayed to me that due to the changing of shifts they had to discuss urgent work matters before Alice left. They now know to try their best to attend to work matters after taking care of the guest needs first.

I hope that your initial encounter does not deter you from staying with us in the future as we do take customer service seriously.
Sierra Vista, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We used to live in the DC area but hadn't been back in years and returned for a short trip to attend a funeral and visit the memorials we hadn't seen yet. Perfect place to sightsee DC. The reviews are right - being close to the metro, the friendliness of the staff, and the cleanliness of the property make it a perfect choice. When we checked in we were tired...and hungry...and Alice was on duty. She was so helpful and provided us with numerous dining options...we opted to go with a Chinese delivery dinner. The room is complete with a micro and refrigerator so leftovers could be refrigerated and reheated later...which we did. The next morning we ate one terrific breakfast in the room provided and since we were not on a "working" schedule, there were plenty of tables available and the young woman manning the breakfast area was great, too. She kept the serving area tidy and the trays full...and we were eating near the tale-end of the breakfast hour. The hotel has a business center that allows you to print out boarding passes - always nice to have available when traveling. On the morning we checked out our bill was slipped under the door which made check out easy. The front desk staff when we checked out was friendly and professional. I've bookmarked this hotel on my computer as a "favorite" - if we ever return to DC this is where we're staying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about our staff. Marta, our breakfast host and Alice our front desk agent were very pleased to see the appreciation.

We look forward to seeing you again soon :)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I will just affirm the very positive reviews of this hotel.
A co-worker and I attended a conference at a downtown DC hotel on October 16-17. The room rate there was over $300/night, so I set myself a goal to find a highly-rated hotel close to a Metro station outside of DC, and found Country Inn & Suites in Camp Springs, MD for about $135/night.
As a bonus, they offer a free shuttle to the Metro station (Branch Av) that runs every half hour when they are busy, or on-demand when they aren't, I think from 7 AM to 9 PM. They will pick you up at the Branch Av Metro station, on demand, when you call from the station.
Because our schedule was fairly predictable, planning our "commute" from this hotel to the conference hotel was simple. Also, we flew in to DCA (Reagan Washington National Airport), which has the Metro adjacent to Terminal B, so getting from the airport to the hotel was painless and cheap. Public transportation in the Washington, DC metropolitan area is one of the best systems in the country. I spent $32 for all my transportation needs - airport to hotel, hotel to conference, sightseeing - the entire 3-night, 4-day trip.
But I'm talking a lot about the Metro. Let me talk about the hotel.
The hotel is clean, my room was clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and eager to help. The free breakfast buffet including hot items (waffles, sausage or bacon, eggs, potatoes or biscuits/gravy) was satisfying and about as good as a hotel breakfast buffet can be (it's not home cooking but the quality was just fine, and trust me, I'm a foodie and I'd complain if it was inedible... just set your expectations accordingly).
Will stay here again without hesitation. My co-worker and I saved our company $1,000 just by staying at this hotel instead of the conference hotel, and we were not inconvenienced by it one bit! My compliments to the staff and management of this Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for writing such a detailed review. This information will be very helpful to others traveling from DCA just like you.

I'm very happy to hear you had a positive experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We are an Australian family of three travelling in the USA and have been booking our accommodation on line. We loved our stay and in particular loved Alice. She was so bright and cheery and always happy to help.Would highly recommend staying here

• Stayed September 2012
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We really appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our staff. We will bring up this nice comment in our next meeting!

Thank you again, please come visit again!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base? Share your experiences!