“poor customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Camp Springs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

On 11/18/2012, I went to the hotel to inquire about availability and rates. Employees Alicia and Elizabeth were working at the front desk. I was not greeted when I approached the desk. I had to interrupt their conversation to ask my question. They were unprofessional and more interested in getting back to their personal conversation than assisting me. Elizabeth was worse. She was not friendly nor courteous. Her customer service skills were horrible. Both of them need to be retrained.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that you were not given proper attention upon your arrival. I'm surprised as this is not typical behavior. I have addressed the issue with our front desk staff.

Elizabeth relayed to me that due to the changing of shifts they had to discuss urgent work matters before Alice left. They now know to try their best to attend to work matters after taking care of the guest needs first.

I hope that your initial encounter does not deter you from staying with us in the future as we do take customer service seriously.

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sierra Vista, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We used to live in the DC area but hadn't been back in years and returned for a short trip to attend a funeral and visit the memorials we hadn't seen yet. Perfect place to sightsee DC. The reviews are right - being close to the metro, the friendliness of the staff, and the cleanliness of the property make it a perfect choice. When we checked in we were tired...and hungry...and Alice was on duty. She was so helpful and provided us with numerous dining options...we opted to go with a Chinese delivery dinner. The room is complete with a micro and refrigerator so leftovers could be refrigerated and reheated later...which we did. The next morning we ate one terrific breakfast in the room provided and since we were not on a "working" schedule, there were plenty of tables available and the young woman manning the breakfast area was great, too. She kept the serving area tidy and the trays full...and we were eating near the tale-end of the breakfast hour. The hotel has a business center that allows you to print out boarding passes - always nice to have available when traveling. On the morning we checked out our bill was slipped under the door which made check out easy. The front desk staff when we checked out was friendly and professional. I've bookmarked this hotel on my computer as a "favorite" - if we ever return to DC this is where we're staying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about our staff. Marta, our breakfast host and Alice our front desk agent were very pleased to see the appreciation.

We look forward to seeing you again soon :)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I will just affirm the very positive reviews of this hotel.
A co-worker and I attended a conference at a downtown DC hotel on October 16-17. The room rate there was over $300/night, so I set myself a goal to find a highly-rated hotel close to a Metro station outside of DC, and found Country Inn & Suites in Camp Springs, MD for about $135/night.
As a bonus, they offer a free shuttle to the Metro station (Branch Av) that runs every half hour when they are busy, or on-demand when they aren't, I think from 7 AM to 9 PM. They will pick you up at the Branch Av Metro station, on demand, when you call from the station.
Because our schedule was fairly predictable, planning our "commute" from this hotel to the conference hotel was simple. Also, we flew in to DCA (Reagan Washington National Airport), which has the Metro adjacent to Terminal B, so getting from the airport to the hotel was painless and cheap. Public transportation in the Washington, DC metropolitan area is one of the best systems in the country. I spent $32 for all my transportation needs - airport to hotel, hotel to conference, sightseeing - the entire 3-night, 4-day trip.
But I'm talking a lot about the Metro. Let me talk about the hotel.
The hotel is clean, my room was clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and eager to help. The free breakfast buffet including hot items (waffles, sausage or bacon, eggs, potatoes or biscuits/gravy) was satisfying and about as good as a hotel breakfast buffet can be (it's not home cooking but the quality was just fine, and trust me, I'm a foodie and I'd complain if it was inedible... just set your expectations accordingly).
Will stay here again without hesitation. My co-worker and I saved our company $1,000 just by staying at this hotel instead of the conference hotel, and we were not inconvenienced by it one bit! My compliments to the staff and management of this Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for writing such a detailed review. This information will be very helpful to others traveling from DCA just like you.

I'm very happy to hear you had a positive experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We are an Australian family of three travelling in the USA and have been booking our accommodation on line. We loved our stay and in particular loved Alice. She was so bright and cheery and always happy to help.Would highly recommend staying here

• Stayed September 2012
iranak, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We really appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our staff. We will bring up this nice comment in our next meeting!

Thank you again, please come visit again!
ELKIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We decided at nearly the last minute to take our son to DC - we were unsure of the room that was available with our AAA discount so my husband called - he spoke with "Alice" and she was one of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful person you could imagine. When we arrived she was on duty and it was so nice to put a name with a face. In person, she was even friendlier. The hotel lobby was very nicely decorated, clean and ALL the staff was pleasant and SO HELPFUL. We were going to take the metro which was 2 blocks away and figured we would walk - they were more than willing to shuttle there and back. Breakfast was HOT AND GOOD!!! Very clean and WELL PRESENTED. I really liked the way the foods were already out of a container and ready for your bowl or plate instead of standing in line for a microwave. I will DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN. The price of the hotel was UNBEATABLE !! Only drawback was no restaurants within walking distance but no doubt if the shuttle is available, they will get you there and back.

Room Tip: We had a king suite with a pullout couch - very spacious and comfy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello Ms. Kim,

We love that you enjoyed your stay! I'm happy to hear your trip to this area was enjoyable. I will surely share the nice things you said about Alice in our next meeting :)

See you soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Country Inn and Suites is a great find when seeking affordable lodging in the DC neighborhood. Located a quick 25 minute metro ride from the Washington Mall, Country Inn and Suites borders Andrews Air Force Base in a relatively quiet neighborhood. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful, offered a generous supply of homebaked cookies to perk up weary travellers, and provided a complimentary shuttle service to the Green Line metro station, only a mile away. Compared to typically inflated DC hotel rates, our sub $100/night room rate was a real bargain. For that price we received top notch amenities, a room that was comfortable, and an outstanding hot breakfast which featured eggs, breakfast meats, hot oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruit, and breakfast pastries. We will definitely return to the Country Inn and Suites on our next trip to DC.

Room Tip: It is advisable to make dinner and lunch plans outside of the hotel's area as there is not much...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm happy to hear you found our hotel to be of good value. Its important to us to build guest loyalty, so thank you for keeping us in mind for your next stay!
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We travelled here after staying in Memphis and New York, stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Location good ,shuttle service brilliant, breakfast plentyful. Found the staff very helpful and extremely friendly, would definitely stay here again. Rooms very clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hello Ms. Jane,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on the message to my staff who work hard to up keep the hotel.

Ranak Patel

Been to Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base? Share your experiences!