“A nice place to call "home" when in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Camp Springs
San Diego
“A nice place to call "home" when in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We've stayed at a few of the Country Inn and Suites in the eastern area of the U.S. and while they seem to have a somewhat consistent "look and feel" to them, the service levels and general maintenance of the properties tend to vary quite a bit. However, on a recent trip to the D.C. area we stayed for 10 days at this Country Inn and Suites in Camp Springs/Suitland, MD, and realy enjoyed our stay there. It is conveniently located at the end of the Green Line of the D.C. Metro Train (Branch Street Station) and it is just a 10 minute walk or they will give you a free shuttle van ride to the station. My wife was attending a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center about 10 minutes drive from the hotel and they give free shuttle rides there, too. We were in D.C. during the extremely hot (104 degrees) summer weather and we were very happy to have a high capacity air conditioner in the room that wasn't noisy at all (mostly just the sound of the blowing air). The room was large, was in great condition, and well appointed with a microwave and refrigerator and coffee maker. The king-size bed was high quality and comfortable. They include free cooked breakfast that varied each day with different types of eggs, sausage, waffles or french toast (depending on the day) and lots of other choices for breakfast. They also have a nice business center and workout room as well as free USA Today papers and freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the evening. We even enjoyed the several rocking chairs on the covered porch area outside of the entry area. They are located just a block away from the Capitol Beltway, but we never heard any traffic noise in our room at all. The staff got to know us by name and greeted us warmly whenever we returned from our day which just added to the comfort of our stay.

The only things we wished for this hotel were 1) there is no swimming pool or spa there, and 2) the breakfast area was of good size, but tended to get crowded and full during the peak times. However, they didn't seem to mind if I took my breakfast up to my room to enjoy. There are not really any restaurants or major stores within short walking distance except for a gas station mini-mart about a 1/2 block away, so you'll need to either have a car or use their shuttle van to get to places, but they have a good-sized free parking lot and we never had problems getting a convenient spot.

We were there during the peak of summer season and there were many large groups staying there during our stay, but I would guess it is less busy most of the year. We booked several months ahead and were able to get a rate of an average of about $110/night. This was, by far, the best deal for anywhere near that area for a place as nice as this. So, for their professional, friendly and efficient service, the overall well-maintained and clean condition of the property, the many amenities they offer AND the value pricing, we recommend this property for anyone visiting the D.C. area or attending events at the Gaylord Convention Center or perhaps at Andrews AFB which is nearby.

Room Tip: The hotel had four floors and both stairs and an elevator. The floor plan keep all of the rooms awa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thankyou for the very detailed review. You did a great job describing our property for other readers. I'm happy to see that you had a nice stay and appreciate you taking the time to voice that. We hope to see you again soon :)

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gloucester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Picked this place based on price and location to the Metro. From the moment we walked in the staff was awesome. They allowed an early check in which was great in getting ready for our vist to DC. Short walk to metro then 20 min ride and we were in the heart of the National Mall.
Room was very clean, common areas and grounds well maintained, the continental breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen. I will stay only here on my next visit to DC. There is a Red Lobster 3 min away by car.

Room Tip: Any place in the hotel will be a good choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the rating! Our guests ratings really make a difference. Hope to see you soon!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The last night was a little noisy as there was a group of young kids staying in the rooms above us. Kids will be kids and they "banged around" around longer than I would have liked. You could here the noise but it was not troubling enough for me to call the desk.

I would have no issues in going back to this hotel if I were in the DC area

Stayed June 2012
Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff works really hard and they will be pleased to hear that they are doing a good job.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Upon arriving I felt the hotel was pretty good until they charged me for smoking in a room and I don't smoke. Never was i previously informed i was just charged. They claimed to have evidence but when questioned none of the evidence was physical. I don't smoke and I find it ridiculous that I would have to pay $150 for something I didn't do. One of the managers was completely rude and said there was nothing she could do. I have reported this to my credit card and well as the business bureau. If you want to get robbed come to this hotel and btw since they claimed the room smelled like smoke they clearly do not clean very well. If anything I should charge them for the smoke I had to inhale from sleeping in their dirty room.

Room Tip: Go to the holiday inn down the block
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hello,

I understand that you were upset with the hotel for charging you a smoking fee.

However, please understand that due to several hotel employees finding the fire detector covered with paper towels and coffee filters, along with a strong smoke odor in the nonsmoking room you were in, they could only assume it was you.

Upon arrival, the registration card you sign states there is a fee of $150 for smoking in a nonsmoking room. We do this to deter guests from smoking again, and for the clean up fee.

Also I believed that we resolved the issue over the phone when we last spoke. If you still have any questions feel free to call me.
Highland Mills, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I always choose Country Inn & Suites when possible, as they tend to be consistent--I like knowing what to expect in a new town. I wasn't disappointed at the Country Inn & Suites in Camp Springs, MD. Easy access to I495 and Alexandria, Virginia and it's affordable rates made it the perfect choice for our overnight stay in the area on business. The hotel was clean, room very comfortable, breakfast good, fresh and convenient. Coffee and tea were available at all times of the day, and they were very nice about accommodating my need to check out an hour later than the posted time. We are planning to be back in the area next month, and we will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! I'm glad you had a nice stay at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Ms.Khan was very professional, helpful and courteous. We had a problem with our reservation but she helped us and took care of the issue in a very short period of time. The hotel staff on the whole was very nice and I will highly recommend this property to future travelers.

Ms. Neeru Bhalla
Manager, Worldwide Sales Manager
Best Western

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
iranak, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for all your kind words!
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We just got back from a 4-night stay at this hotel. It was so great that we could stay at a hotel with a very reasonable cost (compared to other DC area hotels) that also included breakfast and Internet service. And the location ended up perfect for us because although the hotel seems quite a distance outside of DC, the green line of the metro runs from a station near the hotel directly into the city making it very easy to get around. The hotel even offers a shuttle between the station and the hotel (otherwise it is about a 10 min walk).

All of the staff we met were very nice and helpful. The maintenance/shuttle worker guy was so friendly and helpful all the time to us. Of course the room was very clean and well stocked each day. Breakfast might not have been like you would get at a 5-star restaurant, but it was good, and there were a wide variety of choices with some changed out on a daily basis. We would definitely stay again at this great hotel!

Room Tip: Maybe ask about school trips - this was not a problem for us, but seeing the number of school groups...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I'm very happy to hear you had a nice stay at our hotel. Please let me know if you need any help booking at our hotel in the future! The direct hotel number is 240 492 1070.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Andrews Air Force Base? Share your experiences!