“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Camp Springs
Roanoke, Virginia
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I booked this motel online for my trip to D.C. and thought it would be ok since it had a 3 star rating by reviewersand said newly remodeled. I only planned to stay there at night to sleep since most of my time would be in D.C. I arrived at the motel at 11pm and was told I could not check in for 10 more minutes because of shift change. So while hanging out I noticed a police officer working off duty in the parking lot. He said he would be there to 3am. It sounds safe to have a cop in the parking lot all night, but if they hire a cop to work in the parking lot it must be a dangerous area. The parking lot was gated which is another sign of a dangerous area. After finally checking in, I went to my non-smoking room. It was clearly marked non-smoking by the non-smoking sticker on the ashtray. The room smelled like a mixture of cigarette smoke, mold, and filth. I wanted to leave my door open but was afraid to get robbed. I am still hoping the sheets were just really old and not that dirty. The TV was small (19 inch) and should have been in an antique store. If it was any older it would have been black and white. Needless to say, I did not sleep well that night. I had a reservation for 2 nights but only stayed 1. If this motel was my only option for a place to sleep, I would have stayed in my car.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Long Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We arrived earlier than expected, so of course our reserved room wasn't ready. When we returned several hours later, we were given our room and it was gross! That actually might be a polite word. The room had a BAD, damp, mildew smell. My daughter took her shoes off and walked across to the bathroom in her socks. The soles of her socks were black and moist upon returning. We were afraid to sleep there. So my husband went to the front desk and told them that a better room should be available to us, or we're taking our business elsewhere. Not 2 minutes later he returned with keys to a much more appropriate room. We kept our shoes on.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location to the Metro was outstanding, but the rooms are in desperate need of help.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Planned to stay at Andrews AF base , but could not get a reservation for the full time that I would be there. This location advertised as newly renovated. So, I made a reservation for a non-smoking room. When I got there the computers were down, and they had already given out all the non-smoking rooms because they did not know who had reservations and who did not. The room was clean and otherwise fine, but I could not stand the smoke smell.
The staff was courteous, apologetic and tried to give me the lest smoke filled room they could find, but it was more than I could take and only stayed 2 of my 4 nights there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC SE - Camp Springs? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Washington DC SE - Camp Springs

Address: 5701 Allentown Road, Camp Springs, MD 20746
Location: United States > Maryland > Camp Springs
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Camp Springs
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Motel 6 Washington DC SE - Camp Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Motel 6 Washington DC SE - Camp Springs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.