“not clean” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Camp Springs
methuen, ma
“not clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I had been traveling all day and were exhausted. We pulled in here because the chain has a good name (I thought). The girl at the desk was pleasant. The room was awful. The carpet was dirty. There was no clock, no hair dryer, no shampoo, no coffee maker, no tissues. The furniture was badly damaged with chunks of laminate missing. It was a non-smoking room, but the blankets smelled of cigarette smoke. We decided to just stay and get some sleep. There were people outside until 4 a.m. walking back and forth and talking extremely loudly. When we checked out, I noticed a sign saying they were "under renovations." The sign looked like it had been there for some time. We won't be back. I am not sure we will risk trying another Motel 6.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Absolutely did not sleep on the bed! Dirty place! You can possible contract a disease there. The staff was not professional nor available at nights...god knows what he was doing at that time...maybe using a room for his own service.

If you go there.... cleanliness is not a priority for you and therefore you are a sad person!

Oh yea by the way they advertise the complex as newly renovated...they need to be sued for false advertisement. ...nothing is close to new there...nothing!

Room Tip: Nothing good to choose from all terrible!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We planned our trip from NJ to DC during summer '11, but did not stay in Motel 6 before, so just wanted to give it a try. This place was really the worst and terrible place on earth! Had we not have kids with us, we would have better slept in our car!
The size of the room was very small as compared to what you get at another places for the same price. The room stinked like a mold or something. There were cigarette holes all over the comforters (although we reserved the non-smoking room)! The worst thing was, there were those HUGE monsters called bedbugs. It seemed to us that they had been fed regularly - they were giant. We could feel them crawling under the bedsheets. However, when we tried to call the front desk - gosh! the phone was dead. We were so tired that we just went to sleep.
Keep that aside, here was the reaction of the front desk lady when we complained about it in the morning. She asked us to show the "typical" bed-bug bites, as if she had been seeing it every day! My sister and my nephew were bitten on their legs and cheek, however the bite marks subsided till morning. There were still pinkish marks that we showed to her and she said, "These are not bedbug bites, it's just your nail marks!!" What the hell? Then she asked us to go to the doctor and get diagnosed and she would refund our money! Who the hell has that much time? We just wanted to get switched to a different room so that we could sleep quitely. She also asked us to catch one bug and bring it to her so that she could trust us! lol! She argued for about 1/2 hour, then agreed to switch to a different room.
Another thing: it was the double bed room and there were only 2 small towels! There wasn't enough coffee in the front lobby and whatever was there, it was filthy! Unwashed utensils, spilled coffee and other things. The attitude of the employees was bad.
I would recommend other better places you can get for the same price.

Room Tip: DO NOT ever try to stay in Motel 6...it's just a wastage of money.. You can try better places li...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

When we checked into our room, it was rather dirty (a few papers/debris on floor, and the bathroom counter had not been cleaned properly) but we overlooked it as it was late and we were really tired and just wanted to shower/sleep for the night. When we turned down the bed sheets however, one of the two doubles looked SLEPT in- there were long black hairs and short chest-like hairs everywhere and the sheets were wrinkled. Absolutely disgusting.

The second double bed was not as bad, but still gross with a few hairs. When we asked for a new room (explained why) the receptionist was quite rude, but nonetheless gave us a room 2 doors down. This room has a fire alarm that would not stop beeping every 30 seconds, we tried to remove the battery but lo and behold there wasn't one (probably the issue), so we once again went and requested a change: this time she seemed irritated as if WE were inconveniencing HER.

The 3rd room was fine, by this point it was QUITE late and we just wanted to sleep so we took it... had it been earlier in the evening we would have demanded a refund and gone to a different hotel.

Low rates or not, I will NEVER stay at another motel 6. I'd rather spend $20 more a night and have GOOD SERVICE and CLEAN ROOMS than deal with a rude employee who basically gave us the impression it was OUR problem the rooms were not satisfactory and acted as if SHE was the one inconvenienced by the problems.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I booked this motel online for my trip to D.C. and thought it would be ok since it had a 3 star rating by reviewersand said newly remodeled. I only planned to stay there at night to sleep since most of my time would be in D.C. I arrived at the motel at 11pm and was told I could not check in for 10 more minutes because of shift change. So while hanging out I noticed a police officer working off duty in the parking lot. He said he would be there to 3am. It sounds safe to have a cop in the parking lot all night, but if they hire a cop to work in the parking lot it must be a dangerous area. The parking lot was gated which is another sign of a dangerous area. After finally checking in, I went to my non-smoking room. It was clearly marked non-smoking by the non-smoking sticker on the ashtray. The room smelled like a mixture of cigarette smoke, mold, and filth. I wanted to leave my door open but was afraid to get robbed. I am still hoping the sheets were just really old and not that dirty. The TV was small (19 inch) and should have been in an antique store. If it was any older it would have been black and white. Needless to say, I did not sleep well that night. I had a reservation for 2 nights but only stayed 1. If this motel was my only option for a place to sleep, I would have stayed in my car.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Long Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We arrived earlier than expected, so of course our reserved room wasn't ready. When we returned several hours later, we were given our room and it was gross! That actually might be a polite word. The room had a BAD, damp, mildew smell. My daughter took her shoes off and walked across to the bathroom in her socks. The soles of her socks were black and moist upon returning. We were afraid to sleep there. So my husband went to the front desk and told them that a better room should be available to us, or we're taking our business elsewhere. Not 2 minutes later he returned with keys to a much more appropriate room. We kept our shoes on.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location to the Metro was outstanding, but the rooms are in desperate need of help.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Planned to stay at Andrews AF base , but could not get a reservation for the full time that I would be there. This location advertised as newly renovated. So, I made a reservation for a non-smoking room. When I got there the computers were down, and they had already given out all the non-smoking rooms because they did not know who had reservations and who did not. The room was clean and otherwise fine, but I could not stand the smoke smell.
The staff was courteous, apologetic and tried to give me the lest smoke filled room they could find, but it was more than I could take and only stayed 2 of my 4 nights there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC SE - Camp Springs? Share your experiences!