“Great place to stay - Excellent Staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB

You added Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Mercedes Blvd., Camp Springs, MD 20746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Camp Springs
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay - Excellent Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 4 nights and was pleased with the overall quality of service from the staff. Quick resolution to any of my concerns. I had to add another night and the Evening Manager was able to link the two reserviations so I was able to keep the same room. The room was clean, fresh smelling and the housekeeping is excellent. The hotel is doing some renovations but kept the contruction issues to minimum. the updates look very well well done. I only was able to enjoy one breakfast because I was out early but the selection was really good and breakfast staff did very well to keep things flowing. Yes, I'd stay there again, no hesitation.

Only 6 miles from DC and about 8 miles from the National Mall, Capital, Smithsonian Museums, etc.

Room Tip: The hotel was off of the main roadways and I did not experience and outrageous noise coming from I-4...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

Terrific staff, terrific breakfast (especially the sausage gravy!). Yes, the rooms are a tad small, but everything else more that outweighs that! They went out of their way to get us into our room early, and let us start our breakfast at 6 ( even though the sign says 6:30

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and booked primarily for ease in access to Metro! We are Platinum members with this chain too!

We arrived approx 8:30 pm and greeted in pleasant manner! Were told few guests in hotel due to renovations going on! Was NOT offered an upgrade in room which is very unusual!

Got to room which was very clean but INCREDIBLY small (we likened it to a cruise ship cabin) but bed comfortable and we were tired! We suspect this may have been a Days Inn location bec some maps show as such! I truly wanted to ask about room size to see if ours was standard size!

Bathroom also small and did not have vent fan - again unusual! We had to put soap in shower on outside ledge because soap dish slapped on wall was in line with water spray so it would fill and soap would sit in water - yuck!

Housekeeping VERY good! Cleaned daily and kept well stocked!

Front desk staff helpful - free shuttle to Metro (though it's s fairly easy 4 block vote to Branch Ave / Green Line train)! When asked about places to eat handed is a sheet of options! This is nice but what frequent travelers want to know is where the best place locals like!'

Complimentary breakfast above average / even daily bacon was crispy (hard to achieve in these settings)!

Room rate VERY reasonable (less than $75.) and since husbands company watches pennies it fit the bill along with access to Metro! Room had small fridge and microwave! It truly was one of the smallest HI rooms we've EVER stayed in though! A bit disappointed an upgrade not offered also though the small token of Hershey kisses thanking us for being platinum members was nice (hint - we'd have preferred a larger room esp given limited occupancy)

• Stayed January 2015
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Dear Peggy S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to providing great value accommodations. Your positive comments regarding our staff and breakfast served are also highly appreciated.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at check in and with some aspects of our rooms. Your feedback regarding these are also taken into account and will be considered when making the necessary improvements.

Thank you again for your candid review. I truly hope that you will give us another chance to host you again.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ardmore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

I stayed here two nights. I asked for a quite room away from ice machines and stairs. Though I ended up on the first floor next to the stairs my room was quite. It was also clean. The rooms are not spacious but are of adaquate size. My bathroom door had a recent repair to a large hole that had been knocked in it. The heater/ac unit did a good job of keeping the room comfortable in spite of the very cold weather outside. It was however damaged - some of the air diection vents on the front of the unit had been broken. The staff here are nice and helpful, very friendly. The shuttle to the metro is great and makes visiting downtown DC quick and easy. A young man took me to the metro one morning. The next day a young lady working the desk grabbed the keys to the shuttle and took me when I needed an unscheduled ride. There is a computer in the lobby for guests to use. It was however quite old - running Vista. When I couldn't get it to work for me the young lady behind the desk allowed me to use her's. The free breakfast is fine and the staff working there were nice.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Blackwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

We traveled to the D.C. area from Thanksgiving to the following Sunday, staying at this particular location.

I would've rated the hotel 3 were it not for the staff. The people who work here are the most pleasant, helpful, smiling faces I've ever seen located in one hotel. The rooms were average, beds were comfortable, bathrooms a bit small but adequate. The fitness room had basic equipment: two treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike. They had free weights from 5 to 30 pounds, and a TV and watercooler, along with towels. Everything you need to stay fit for a long weekend.

There was a basic, free breakfast--with the best coffee I've had in a long time. The staff monitored it constantly and replaced items that were dwindling. The room décor is not shabby, but there's a sign in the lobby indicating a facelift is coming. I'd say it's needed, but not MUCH needed, if you know what I mean.

But there was not one employee there who didn't greet me with a smile and "hello" when I saw them. They were cheerful, helpful, upbeat, and generally just an all-around friendly group. The staff is the reason I gave the hotel 4 instead of 3, and I would stay there again because of them.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Melanie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB, responded to this review, December 9, 2014
I am delighted that my staff made you feel at home! I have been asked before if I stole my staff from Disney? Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we look forward to serving you again when you come back. I hope you had a great Holiday!

Hospitality Yours,

M. Myers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

Stopped to get some much needed rest, while on out way home from North Carolina. Location was extremely convenient - right off the highway. With 3 kids under he age of 6, this place gave us all that we needed... Clean room, comfortable beds, crib with soft clean sheets for baby, nice breakfast area with wonderfully helpful attendants. My kids especially were treated very nicely and that always makes a huge impression for me. Only suggestion would be having a step stool or something so that kids can reach the (beautiful) bathroom sink. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2014
I am so excited you were able to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities! Our staff wants everyone who stays with us to feel at home. We love children and we know how important it is to have a family and travel. We look forward to your next visit!

Happy Holidays!

Melanie Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

I was here at the hotel from a Friday to a Monday. It's far from the city and a good deal for the money sans the location. The roads in and around are bumpy and it's noisy since it's right next to three major high ways. Service could be better. Staff is good but sometimes I wish a little more attentive. Cleanliness is average, could be better.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East - Andrews AFB? Share your experiences!